Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X in the Movies and TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else see some really weird seating arrangements and cuts? at 9:08:32, he's in bucket seats facing backwards, and at 9:08:46, he's exiting from the back row bench with the middle row completely missing. Did he get up and change seats in those 14 seconds? Also, where is the middle row?

Perhaps there are safety issues that make this a non-starter, but is it possible that the X has been designed such that if you do not take the third row there will be a control to allow the second row be in the second row or third row slot? lots of legroom, even if we get to the point front row passengers might swivel their seats to face the back.

It is there to give the impression of an air intake grill that does not really exist, so I think "fake grill" is not that far off the mark. If it really was slats/grids/etc. it would in fact be a grill, and not fake, though probably pointless.

It is there to give the impression of an air intake grill that does not really exist, so I think "fake grill" is not that far off the mark. If it really was slats/grids/etc. it would in fact be a grill, and not fake, though probably pointless.
That's your characterization of the Model S nose cone? I've never had that impression. Interesting.

To me it's always been about a "cheap" bumper for, um, "post accident restoration" and for easy access to the 12V terminals.

That would have to be a pretty specific minor accident to only damage the plastic cover and not the bumper or hood. I think Franz or someone said it's purpose was to give a familiar look, and that look is familiar because we are used to grills on ICE's.

That would have to be a pretty specific minor accident to only damage the plastic cover and not the bumper or hood. I think Franz or someone said it's purpose was to give a familiar look, and that look is familiar because we are used to grills on ICE's.

I don't get it though, because there really is an air intake on the car... If you look in the area below the headlights and beside the parking and fog lights the little grill area on the sides is there for that purpose those open when needed. There is also a grill under the nose as well. They could have brought the nose into a pinch and not done anything at all there... I mean plenty of cars have lacked grills due to their designs.

I am not opposed to the look though, I think it is one of the more defined features about the car that helps you spot it without any mistake.

There is a Model S in almost every episode and was pleasantly surprised to see an X. The producers may have some agreement with TM. An image of the falcon wing doors open would add a cool touch.

I've been Tivo'ing Extant, but so far haven't watched an episode. Do the credits at the end indicate that 'promotional consideration' was paid by Tesla? It seems unlikely they'd get all this airtime for free, but then again, they don't advertise. Maybe it was just an easy option for the program producers, but normally if they're going to make a 'future car' it looks remarkably like a current car, with blacked out lights and a body kit!

I've been Tivo'ing Extant, but so far haven't watched an episode. Do the credits at the end indicate that 'promotional consideration' was paid by Tesla? It seems unlikely they'd get all this airtime for free, but then again, they don't advertise. Maybe it was just an easy option for the program producers, but normally if they're going to make a 'future car' it looks remarkably like a current car, with blacked out lights and a body kit!

Just went through the credits on Ep. 5 and no mention of Tesla at all. The transportation coordinator is Dave Oppenheim who has 30 movies and TV show credits as a car guy for the entertainment industry however.

Last edited:
two episodes back to back tonight. Saw an S, the i3 and even the i8 made a quick appearance! But for the main event:
x tonight.PNG

just a quick drive up event not much else to see, strangely, it looks like the falcon wing is stuck open for some reason (maybe that is why they didn't leave it on camera for very long... and tried to make it very brief)... otherwise uneventful... just get a nice shot of it in different lighting and another nice angle and closeup :)

PS: This is the TV Show Extant... for those not keeping up or just tuning in.

I hope this wasn't the last episode... or if it was the season end that they bring it back because they really left this wide open. I am only making the suggestion about it being the last since it was a two episode airing... that or there are more and they are just doubling them up to quickly clear the schedule since they don't plan to continue it... either way... I really hope that is not the case. I am rather enjoying it :)

I have seen Extant due to this thread, up to E0708 just now. Unforteuneately I think it will ba cancelled, it's not a great show. Btw did you guys see the "All electric MB ML AMG" they were supposed to be driving? To some it may look like it has no exhaust on the back, but the AMG's have this very wide exhaust opening that makes it look futuristic.

Where you at Chickensevil?!?! We all were hoping you'd sit through the show last night and tell us if there is a MX sighting!!

Was rather tired after a long day on the forums :p

I watched it tonight it was another 2 hour show, and as far as I saw... No MX. The characters that would be driving that car have been rather stationary for the whole 2 hours... There was a bunch of really nice S shots, but I didn't want to clog down the other thread with more of the same, the only fun/interesting bits were when one of the bad guys was like: hold on let me pull over I think a connector has come loose (or some such) then goes to the front of the car and as he opens the frunk one of the guys says: the connectors (or whatever words he used) are in the back not the front. So the bad guy leans into the fully visible frunk and pulls out a shotgun.

Thought it was really a great idea :)

Oh and there was a electric B class in the show, the i8, some three wheeled motor cycles (don't know if they were supposed to be electric or not, and well as some other fun tidbits.

But no, no MX... Sorry guys :(

EXTANT

Yes, see the Tesla Model X in TV and Movies thread. Extant has been extensively discussed.

It's fun to see all the Teslas in Extant but I have been disappointed by the plot line and writing style of the show. As a long time sci-fi fan, there is nothing fresh or truly imaginative to me about the show.