Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X in the Movies and TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Salvation, lead character Darius drives a Model X which has been featured on several episodes. I can't figure out why they open the Falcon Wing Doors when only using the front seat though. I guess it's for the futuristic look effect.

Darius is basically Elon. He has a rocket company and is building a rocket to go to Mars with 130 or so hand picked people. The first couple of episodes are basically stolen from Elon's portfolio of companies and products. The rest of the series does not focus as much on the similarities as much.

Reactions: FarmerDave
In Salvation, lead character Darius drives a Model X which has been featured on several episodes. I can't figure out why they open the Falcon Wing Doors when only using the front seat though. I guess it's for the futuristic look effect.

I don't doubt you're correct in regarding the "futuristic look effect" as the reason for the X, but in the first episode, second shot (around 00:29:13?), the FWD are open and people are seated in the rear seats (well, I remember only one of them, but there should be at least 3 people in the car at that point).

Ha, this is an old thread! But since you revived it, the Model X is extensively featured in the latest Liam Neeson pic, Cold Pursuit. A red one, AP1, if anyone cares :)

MX.jpg

As a movie, you might think it was going to be "Taken, this time it's Chilly", or "Taken, on a snowplow", but it's actually better than that. I mean, he still plays essentially the same role, but the humor is very dark, more like a Coen brothers movie.

Ha, this is an old thread! But since you revived it, the Model X is extensively featured in the latest Liam Neeson pic, Cold Pursuit. A red one, AP1, if anyone cares :)

View attachment 381965

As a movie, you might think it was going to be "Taken, this time it's Chilly", or "Taken, on a snowplow", but it's actually better than that. I mean, he still plays essentially the same role, but the humor is very dark, more like a Coen brothers movie.

mx-jpg.381965

Another great advantage of FWDs. No need to take your hands off your machine gun while exiting the vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: Jffurlan
In Season 5 Episode 14 of “Major Crimes” (on TNT, a spinoff of “The Closer”) there is a plot point involving the Model X frunk. My spouse and I truly laughed out loud when we heard it! The car is never shown, but a photo of an X frunk is shown to illustrate that it could hold an adult human if they were curled up in sort of the fetal position, in this case a female murder victim. The murderer, a rich dot com guy, owned “a Bentley and a Tesla Model X”, which is certainly an unusual pairing. And one of the older characters, Lieutenant Provenza, had to be educated by a younger detective on just what the hell a “frunk” was. ;)
l this info is also tracked on the Internet Movie Car Database
They missed that “Major Crimes” episode.