Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the Q3 earnings letter: CPOs are selling well with 17% reduction in inventory due to more sales than trade-ins.

Yes, it also said $33M in CPO sales for Q3. So ~$365,000/day. Maybe five or six CPO cars sold per day and four or five traded in on average? So the supply is limited, prices remain stable. Q3 new car sales were ~129/day. Q4 should be ~189/day.

Here's to hoping the CPO inventory grows and prices decline in Q4 so I can get on the road in an old Model S!

Last edited:
Yep, you, me and the thousands of other people waiting for a price drop that's not forthcoming due to over demand and under supply. :rolleyes:

I agree.
The CPO prices may fall a bit as the year changes i.e. a 2013 P85+ today might be around 75K but come 2016, a 2013 car may appear ~3 years old instead of ~2 year old and that may have an impact. I understand Tesla goes by VIN numbers, etc. but naturally as time passes by the same car today will be cheaper to purchase 6 months from now. You pay less but you get an older vehicle which may or may not matter since you still get the full 4 yr bumper to bumper warranty.

Many of us including myself thought Model X release on Sep 29th will have a major impact on CPO cars, there was no impact. I know we may see some impact when Tesla start delivering Model X is higher volume, I know when 2016 comes, we will see additional depreciation on older MS.

I'm so glad I didn't wait, I have been enjoying my car since August, the joy of driving it everyday.

My point is the longer you wait, the older MS become less attractive. The AP is like a standard equipment now, MS might have a refresh next year, next gen AP is coming, battery is getting bigger. By the time the car you want today drop to the price you hope to pay, you might not want that car anymore, and the newer model is still as expensive as today.

Last edited:
, MS might have a refresh next year, next gen AP is coming, battery is getting bigger. .

1-- I'd bet dollars to donuts there is no "refresh" or "facelift" for Model S in 2016 (while yes, there will be incremental improvements).
2-- "Next Gen AP" is just rumors and more speculation at this point
3-- Same with "bigger battery." The battery is unlikely to get bigger until the GF is online and in full production.

None of these things are coming "soon" (IMHO), but they are a huge source of wild speculation on TMC. So, as always, YMMV and Use at your Own Risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Some decent price drops tonight in Illinois:

==========> Price change Location: US;Illinois;7 VIN: P56393: from $78,000 to $75,000 Price Change: -3,000 -- old prices: $78,000; $83,400;
==========> Price change Location: US;Illinois;7 VIN: P30163: from $90,600 to $84,000 Price Change: -6,600 -- old prices: $90,600; 89,900
==========> Price change Location: US;Illinois;7 VIN: P42072: from $95,500 to $91,800 Price Change: -3,700 -- old prices: $95,500; $98,700; $102,700;
==========> Price change Location: US;Illinois;7 VIN: P30207: from $89,400 to $86,400 Price Change: -3,000 -- old prices: $89,400; $90,900; $81,300; $93,100;$96,300;

And one in Canada:

==========> Price change Location: CA;Ontario;13 VIN: P49929: from $92,000 to $89,000 Price Change: -3,000 -- old prices: $92,000; $102,500; 101,520

Many of us including myself thought Model X release on Sep 29th will have a major impact on CPO cars, there is no impact. I know we may see some impact when Tesla start delivering Model X is higher volume, I know when 2016 comes, we will see additional depreciation on older MS.

I'm so glad I didn't wait, I have been enjoying my car since August, the joy of driving it everyday.

My point is the longer you wait, the older MS become less attractive. The AP is like a standard equipment now, MS might have a refresh next year, next gen AP is coming, battery is getting bigger. By the time the car you want today drop to the price you hope to pay, you might not want that car anymore, and the newer model is still as expensive as today.

1-- I'd bet dollars to donuts there is no "refresh" or "facelift" for Model S in 2016 (while yes, there will be incremental improvements).
2-- "Next Gen AP" is just rumors and more speculation at this point
3-- Same with "bigger battery." The battery is unlikely to get bigger until the GF is online and in full production.

None of these things are coming "soon" (IMHO), but they are a huge source of wild speculation on TMC. So, as always, YMMV and Use at your Own Risk.

This +1....I came to this conclusion as well a couple of months ago....unfortunately, my cpo must need alot of "love and tender" cause I'm still waiting on it...lol...hopefully, it'll be awesome when I do get to finally drive it!

This +1....I came to this conclusion as well a couple of months ago....unfortunately, my cpo must need alot of "love and tender" cause I'm still waiting on it...lol...hopefully, it'll be awesome when I do get to finally drive it!

"A couple of months ago"?? Wow where is it coming from, Timbuktu? :biggrin: Did they say why it's taken so long?

"A couple of months ago"?? Wow where is it coming from, Timbuktu? :biggrin: Did they say why it's taken so long?

Sorry about the confusion...meant to say that I came to the conclusion 2 months ago about just committing to a CPO and not waiting for bigger, better, etc...then I purchased ~1 month ago and am still waiting....it's a very special car (hint...F) so I believe them when they said it's getting more than once over looky....me thinks y'all will agree once I get it and post some pics!

My CPO was purchased in April, picked up in May, and became regularly available for me to drive in August. So it's totally possible that Cowby has put some serious miles on loaners like I did.

I wish! alas, they stated all loaners were out and in short supply, so i'm left to drive my gas burner till I get it swapped out with the MS....side note, my SC has been nothing but wonderful in putting up with my pestering calls/emails regarding the status of the car...and they said I might get some special swag upon delivery!

Many of us including myself thought Model X release on Sep 29th will have a major impact on CPO cars, there was no impact. I know we may see some impact when Tesla start delivering Model X is higher volume, I know when 2016 comes, we will see additional depreciation on older

Once the Model X starts full production we will see a glut of CPO Model S... We'll have tons to choose from.

Once the Model X starts full production we will see a glut of CPO Model S... We'll have tons to choose from.

I wouldn't hold my breath. First, I think Tesla has stabilized the pricing and availability of CPO cars. Second, a lot of Model X buyers will be holding on to their Model S. I know when I get my wife a Model X in 2 years (likely) my Model S isn't leaving.