Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this CPO on the Paramus, NJ lot a few weeks ago. Didn't catch the VIN.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449614456.948859.jpg

A lot of cars have damage, Tesla will fix it if it's body damage. That is something everyone should ask before they buy a car because any paint repairs will affect the resale value. The next CPO car I buy I am going to have inspected by an appraiser before I hand over the check. I learned this the hard way.

I know Cyclone's story, Douglas did you have a similar experience? I was so bummed that I missed this car, but maybe its better this way.

Saw this CPO on the Paramus, NJ lot a few weeks ago. Didn't catch the VIN.

View attachment 103792

That looks like ****. I for one will not take delivery of my car if it looks like that. I also could care less if I lose 1k. Getting pictures before placing a deposit doesn't always work either. I tried that on a different Sig Red and it was gone before they even sent me the pictures. I just don't understand why Tesla cannot take pictures of these cars and put them up on the website as well. Its really not that hard to detail and do whatever reconditioning they want to right away before snapping some shots and listing it online.

Ok ok. Sorry. End of rant here.

So basically the best way to watch for these deals is to watch the official website or pay for the ev-cpo subscription right? Sounds like if you're ready to make a purchase the ev-cpo subscription is a no brainer until vehicle purchase is made.

You don't need to buy a subscription unless you want the extra features (extra sort/search columns and 10 minute updates, etc to grab any newly listed cars). But if you do, thanks for the support.

You don't need to buy a subscription unless you want the extra features (extra sort/search columns and 10 minute updates, etc to grab any newly listed cars). But if you do, thanks for the support.
I also like the email-notification feature which I find immensely useful. It'll email you as soon as a Tesla meeting your specs goes on the list so you don't have to watch the site manually.

That looks like ****. I for one will not take delivery of my car if it looks like that. I also could care less if I lose 1k. Getting pictures before placing a deposit doesn't always work either. I tried that on a different Sig Red and it was gone before they even sent me the pictures. I just don't understand why Tesla cannot take pictures of these cars and put them up on the website as well. Its really not that hard to detail and do whatever reconditioning they want to right away before snapping some shots and listing it online.

Ok ok. Sorry. End of rant here.

++1. This is how the rest of the world sells used cars. It is to protect both the buyer and the seller so that everyone is aware of the condition of the car.

I guess the way it is, if the car does not look like the showroom condition photos on the Tesla CPO Web site, you can reject deliver and request the deposit to be transferred to another car because they promised the car will look like a brand new car based on the photos they posted :)

I guess the way it is, if the car does not look like the showroom condition photos on the Tesla CPO Web site, you can reject deliver and request the deposit to be transferred to another car because they promised the car will look like a brand new car based on the photos they posted :)

While they may officially say the deposit is non-refundable, I have a hard time believing they would not transfer the deposit to another car. However, the delivery fee is toast -- which is sad, because had you had real photos of the car, you may have objected before the car was even transported for delivery!

There's currently only 70 "inventory" cars for sale on the tesla site. Looks like 5 got sold today and 10 in the last week.

Seems to to me likely that it'll drop a lot more before year end unless tesla posts more.

Call your local Tesla gallery as it seems they have hundreds of inventory cars to choose from.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows -- that CPO car could have been before restoration/repairs.

I wish I took the VIN so I could see if it was already listed, just didn't think of it at the time.

I hope they disclose damage like this to the potential buyer and warrant the paintwork to avoid what Cyclone went through when he discovered a paint issue with his CPO car,

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of cars have damage, Tesla will fix it if it's body damage. That is something everyone should ask before they buy a car because any paint repairs will affect the resale value. The next CPO car I buy I am going to have inspected by an appraiser before I hand over the check. I learned this the hard way.

The best way to avoid paint issue sis really to take the car to a body shop and have them put the car up in a lift and inspect the underside and the paint. This is the only way I will buy a used car, CPO or not. I wish Tesla has some way to put down a deposit until you do due diligence on the car. Any car dealer would offer this option. usually if I put down a refundable deposit of a couple of thousand dollars, any dealer will hold the car for 2 days for me until I have time to check it out properly.

Can you find a P85D with the + suspension? That's the only way I'd do it.

How many Model Ss have you bought/sold?

Yes, there are 3 that I can switch to tomorrow. The issue is do I really want to spend $105 to $110 on another Tesla. The P85+ is only $88. Everyone is telling me to get the D...but everyone is not making the payments.

I have bought 4, this will be my 5th.

Last edited: