Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model s 2018 75d warranty question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’m wondering how long the warranty last on a Tesla model s 75d 2018. I’m interested in a used 2018 with already has 260k miles. Price is 19.000 euro’s
Battery and drive unit limited warranty until 2026…as mileage is unlimited. FUSC should be part of 2018 Model S for most if not all of 2018; if so, it’s a plus as you can transfer it to a new Tesla, 3, S, X, or Y.

Reactions: xander164
Upvote 0
Only SC01 FUSC can be transferred to a new owner. SC05 is first owner only and non transferrable. My understanding is that OP is looking at a used 2018 S and is not the original owner and will therefore not inherit FUSC.

SC01 FUSC program ended in early 2017 model year.

Should have warranty coverage into 2026 and unlimited miles, which month Tesla coverage ends will depend on which month vehicle was delivered or purchased originally (can't recall which of the two).

Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
Only SC01 FUSC can be transferred to a new owner. SC05 is first owner only and non transferrable. My understanding is that OP is looking at a used 2018 S and is not the original owner and will therefore not inherit FUSC.

SC01 FUSC program ended in early 2017 model year.

Should have warranty coverage into 2026 and unlimited miles, which month Tesla coverage ends will depend on which month vehicle was delivered or purchased originally (can't recall which of the two).
I understand it now; SC05 won’t be transferable to OP…unless the car comes with the Tesla email account.

Reactions: Raroia
Upvote 0
I understand it now; SC05 won’t be transferable to OP…unless the car comes with the Tesla email account.
And when Tesla realized the ownership has changed, the supercharging will be removed. Some might also claim this opens the new owner up to being accused of fraud.

And the FUSC transfer in Q4 last year was only for those that had SC01, not SC05. I can't speak to the details of the current program as I completed the transfer of my SC01 from my prior car to my new car in Q4, so my new car has SC05, but I've received no information from Tesla to tell me I'm eligible to transfer again.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
used 2018 with already has 260k miles. Price is 19.000 euro’s

You are a brave man. If you plan to own it for a long time, there's a ton of financial exposure on that car with HV battery, drive units, HVAC, suspension, subframe, etc, etc. If you plan to sell it just before the battery and drive unit warranty goes out, I am sure it will be really tough to sell within 2 years since most used buyers are figuring out that when you buy a used EV, you're really buying a used battery with a ton of other liabilities.

Upvote 0
You are a brave man. If you plan to own it for a long time, there's a ton of financial exposure on that car with HV battery, drive units, HVAC, suspension, subframe, etc, etc. If you plan to sell it just before the battery and drive unit warranty goes out, I am sure it will be really tough to sell within 2 years since most used buyers are figuring out that when you buy a used EV, you're really buying a used battery with a ton of other liabilities.
I’ll add some thoughts for what it’s worth. I currently own a 2018 75D S with FSD and FUSC (SC05); I’m trading it in for a new (tax-edition) X given the transfer incentives (both FSD and FUSC). The trade-in value I just received from Tesla for my vehicle at ~44K miles is $24,900.

With that said, I have been very pleased with this car as it has had zero issues to date; if weren’t for the transfer incentives, I may just keep it until the warranty runs out. Knowing my luck, sharing this good fortune to date with you guys may lead to some air suspension surprise issues tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I’ll add some thoughts for what it’s worth. I currently own a 2018 75D S with FSD and FUSC (SC05); I’m trading it in for a new (tax-edition) X given the transfer incentives (both FSD and FUSC). The trade-in value I just received from Tesla for my vehicle at ~44K miles is $24,900.

With that said, I have been very pleased with this car as it has had zero issues to date; if weren’t for the transfer incentives, I may just keep it until the warranty runs out. Knowing my luck, sharing this good fortune to date with you guys may lead to some air suspension surprise issues tomorrow.

Big difference between 44K miles and 260K miles.

Reactions: Raroia
Upvote 0