Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery of my Model S 2018 75d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving is pretty straightforward. Charging is more nuanced. Is this your first electric car?

If you haven’t done much supercharging, one trick is to always dial up the charging limit when supercharging, just in case you get delayed: run into an old friend, fall asleep, are held up getting food served, etc. It’s expensive to pay overage fees for the privilege of NOT charging.

More importantly, Free Unlimited Suoercharging from 2018 shouldn’t transfer. It should be disabled when you change account owners and/or retitle the car. Transferable Free Unlimited Suoercharging ended just after 2016.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bmah
Driving is pretty straightforward. Charging is more nuanced. Is this your first electric car?

If you haven’t done much supercharging, one trick is to always dial up the charging limit when supercharging, just in case you get delayed: run into an old friend, fall asleep, get delayed getting food served, etc. It’s expensive to pay overage fees for the privilege of NOT charging.

More importantly, Free Unlimited Suoercharging from 2018 shouldn’t transfer. It should be disabled when you change account owners and/or retitle the car. Transferable Free Unlimited Suoercharging ended just after 2016.
Yes, this will be my first electric car. We can keep the free supercharging on since its not switching owners officially.

Ill mostly try to supercharge since its free :)

Reactions: SilverGS

If you haven’t done much supercharging, one trick is to always dial up the charging limit when supercharging, just in case you get delayed: run into an old friend, fall asleep, get delayed getting food served, etc. It’s expensive to pay overage fees for the privilege of NOT charging.

its also build 12/2018, so i think it has MCU2 :)

Reactions: 100d and SoCal Buzz
Yes, this will be my first electric car. We can keep the free supercharging on since its not switching owners officially.

Ill mostly try to supercharge since its free :)
Realize that even without switching owners in the app, if Tesla realizes that car has changed hands, then they will likely strip off the FUSC. At least that’s what I’d expect in the US where it could be considered fraud to hide the ownership change from Tesla in order to retain FUSC benefit.

Realize that even without switching owners in the app, if Tesla realizes that car has changed hands, then they will likely strip off the FUSC. At least that’s what I’d expect in the US where it could be considered fraud to hide the ownership change from Tesla in order to retain FUSC benefit.
It’s a lease car, the owner won’t change.