Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Map color is terrible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm on Premium Connectivity, and lately I noticed that the map color is darker on the satellite view. It used to be more on the green side and now it's darker on the black side. I tried resetting the screen with the scroll wheels. That didn't resolve the issue. Anyone here have the same issue? Thanks

Hi All,

I'm on Premium Connectivity, and lately I noticed that the map color is darker on the satellite view. It used to be more on the green side and now it's darker on the black side. I tried resetting the screen with the scroll wheels. That didn't resolve the issue. Anyone here have the same issue? Thanks
Satellite imagery comes from Google. I’ve noticed some areas in my town still have the old warmer green imagery vs the new cooler blueish images. Tesla has no control over google maps

Mine stays on Satellite view too. It's amuch warmer view, especially at night. Like everything else, I'm sure an update will come along and fix it...whether that be Google or Tesla or whatever.

Hi All,

The satellite view (aircraft really) was shot at a darker time of the day.

Must be when/how your particular imagery was shot. Google Maps updates every 1 to 3 years, depending on the location.
Sample from my area:
1708969283938.png

I used to work at Google in their maps org and a lot of thought goes into their base map layers for usability where the sat map is simply...images. Tesla has obviously made some changes to the base layer, but even so, it should be better than raw imagery.