Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gaming Controller Buttons Incorrectly Mapping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new here. Took Delivery of a 2024 Model Y at the end of February, 2024.2.7.

Every controller I have hooked up works, but I have the same issue with every controller. I have tested Sony PS4 and PS5, Microsoft Xbox One, and a third party Nintendo Switch pro controller. All of them swap the bottom face button with the left face button. So on PS4/PS5 the Square and X are swapped. On Xbox the A and X are swapped, etc. on top of that some of the what I call the select start buttons, and the bumpers are mapped incorrectly as well.

My daughter and I play Cuphead on PC, so we were really excited to play in the car, but this issue has made it hard to play. I can remap the buttons but it doesn’t work correctly. I have tried rebooting the infotainment system, but no change. I have also tried usb wired into the glovebox and Bluetooth, same issue both ways.

Anyone with the same issue? Or have a fix? Or should I submit a service request? I did search here, and some Tesla forums and did not see anyone with the same issue. Thank you in advance.

Use a real nintendo switch pro controller, that works. Otherwise live with the swapped buttons. I have two knockoff switch pro controllers about 15-20 bucks from Amazon and both have the same issue you describe, I just get used to the buttons, I was thinking of actually getting a labeler and just labeling the two buttons correctly. I don't play enough to invest in a real Nintendo switch pro controller for the car and my son isn't giving me his to keep in the car.