Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game Controller Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is possible. I was using 1914 connected to a USB port in glovebox (TMY ‘23). No lags, all is smooth. The reason I did it was exactly because I was not able to connect using BT. The only IMHO it is a hassle as I have PWD for the glovebox -> remove USB drive (dashcam) -> try to connect USB-A (assymetrical) from the driver’s seat and a reverse actions to continue drive. Cable hanging around. Maybe I am too picky :)

P.S. The only lag (or by design) I have is when I race Beach Buggy Racing 2. When I activate some tricks, car stop respond to steering wheel and I have to turn it aggressively once to restore normal operation.
Interesting. I knew back usb c are for power only. It is not possible to connect controllers to central console USB-C ports? There is no way to play steam games wired otherwise...

fyi the reason why some of your cars pair fine and others dont:

my 21 Plaid didn't pair..but i bought the $120 part and installed, and now it pairs with everything (headphones/controllers)
that being said, my ps5 controller pairs and plays w/everything fine.
but i paired my Switch Pro Controller...and Buggy works for the most part, but it doesnt even work at all for SkyForce

Interesting. I knew back usb c are for power only. It is not possible to connect controllers to central console USB-C ports? There is no way to play steam games wired otherwise...
You can install the USB hub in the glovebox and connect all your gagets. But it is true that it will not work on a back seat if you have short cables. I am not sure if BT dongle supports 2-3 devices. If so, you can pair your wireless controllers with the dongle connected to the USB-HUB in the glovebox. But I find this scenario ugly. You can find HUB related info in the search by using keywords like "tesla usb hub for glovebox"

Guys, I have an update about the situation. I bought used controller 1708 and my TMY doesn't see it too :)
Microsoft sucks. I will try now to downgrade the FW (currently 5.7.xx) but something tells me that I will have to buy one for PS5.

Last edited:
Guys, I have an update about the situation. I bought used controller 1708 and my TMY doesn't see it too :)
Microsoft sucks. I will try now to downgrade the FW (currently 5.7.xx) but something tells me that I will have to buy one for PS5.
An update: I was able to downgrade FW to 3.1.1221.0 using Xbox Accessories App in MS Store. All works now!!!
I have video but, seems, it is not allowed in TMC

So I just got a Y, and I was quite amazed to see my old Ouya that had not been thrown away yet has a purpose. The controller synced quite nicely.

Is there any purpose for a controller other than just a few games? Some Easter egg I don’t know about?

Reactions: Alef