Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems to confirm it, the P +'s are going into production first. Mspcooper, Linda Han specifically told me ALL Australian cars will have the upgrades, which is why they are rebuilding them. Sunshine Coast delivery is a different question which either Linda Han or Kasey Krape can answer for you. Perhaps also Tim Ellis.

All Good

That seems to confirm it, the P +'s are going into production first. Mspcooper, Linda Han specifically told me ALL Australian cars will have the upgrades, which is why they are rebuilding them. Sunshine Coast delivery is a different question which either Linda Han or Kasey Krape can answer for you. Perhaps also Tim Ellis.

Thanks Dborn.
Not too worried about the delivery yet. I have reduced my expectations to get them before Christmas. They may well as build them in 12 weeks so we can get 2015 built car.
I noticed leases (Business and Retail) have emerged in the UK and Factory Certified Used Tesla segment is going to get a big boost worldwide, it does not bother me either or.

Anybody over in Melbourne, the Tesla site says that the Marriott Tesla will be there until the 31st October. Is there a 'display' there, or is it just the test drives? I'm going to be there over that weekend (giant convention in Melbourne) and am hoping that I might get to see one, but not too sure if I would be able to a) book a test drive at this point, or b) be comfortable driving in Melbourne traffic. Thoughts?

Anybody over in Melbourne, the Tesla site says that the Marriott Tesla will be there until the 31st October. Is there a 'display' there, or is it just the test drives? I'm going to be there over that weekend (giant convention in Melbourne) and am hoping that I might get to see one, but not too sure if I would be able to a) book a test drive at this point, or b) be comfortable driving in Melbourne traffic. Thoughts?

G'day Ainkara, Just contact Matthew Ung Vung Lau, Tesla Sales, Melbourne, at [email protected], 0423 303 010. He is most helpful. Don't get into a flap about Melbourne traffic - particularly on the weekend. Go for it - you won't regret it !

G'day Ainkara, Just contact Matthew Ung Vung Lau, Tesla Sales, Melbourne, at [email protected], 0423 303 010. He is most helpful. Don't get into a flap about Melbourne traffic - particularly on the weekend. Go for it - you won't regret it !

Thanks, I've just sent him an email... I'm also a bit hesitant to waste their time though, since I know I can't afford one right now. And have never driven any kind of high powered car (my current car is a Toyota Echo), let alone a Tesla... But it certainly would make for an amazing experience

Thanks, I've just sent him an email... I'm also a bit hesitant to waste their time though, since I know I can't afford one right now. And have never driven any kind of high powered car (my current car is a Toyota Echo), let alone a Tesla... But it certainly would make for an amazing experience

First time, long time... It will definitely be an exhilarating experience. The route goes thru the Eastern Fwy.... You will have every opportunity to experience the 0-60 quickness... (more like 60-100).... Very nimble in changing lanes as well... The cockpit's amazing.... Was always in Awe in the 15 mins....

Have fun when you get your chance.... Mathew is very helpful and accomodating...

Have checked out number 10 Herbert street St Leonards. There is significant activity at the site. The for rent banners are largely down. There are lots of large diameter conduit pipes stacked up. The property was a Mitsubishi dealership. It measures 70 m by 170m the larger side is the entrance by car and is from Frederick street. I would have thought this far too big for Tesla, but maybe they are planning huge things here! No Tesla signage as yet. It is quite a long way from being ready for anything though. I will check it out again next week. Happen to have cause to go by there today and again next week. It is on my way to Royal North Shore hospital.

Sooo...who's getting the P85D?! When deciding between the 85 and the P85, I was like, well, it's a 1 second difference 0-100, I can live with that. But if the ridiculous rumours are true, and the P85D can go from 0-100 in around 3 seconds, then my wallet is going to start shaking in its boots. That's GTR beating, while carrying 5 people!

My car hasn't been built yet...wonder if they'll let me change :biggrin: