Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys for those of you who are confirming your orders - did you go through your Dashboard? If I click "Design" from the dashboard I can't get the full Design Studio to show up. And I'm worried if I click "Confirm" it will just put through a stock white S60 -_-.

Yeah I had the same problem, had to refresh the page a number of times before it appeared properly, evidently there's still the odd glitch in there!

Confirmed mine just now - very excited. S60 in metallic brown, 19" wheels, pano roof, black leather, carbon fiber interior, tech package and parking sensors. Interesting to see the parcel shelf comes standard in AU!

Very exciting day for you all! As I suspected, the price sets an MS out of reach for me, for at least the next few years. I will sit back and watch all your excitement for the time being, and probably focus my money for now on changing my feed in PV system to battery backup, before justifying spending so much on a (beautiful) car. Driving around a charade EV conversion job ATM for fun though :)

Enjoying hearing what set ups you are all getting!

Edit: is the alcantra upper dashboard trim unique to Australia? I don't think it's an option in the US?

Very exciting day for you all! As I suspected, the price sets an MS out of reach for me, for at least the next few years. I will sit back and watch all your excitement for the time being, and probably focus my money for now on changing my feed in PV system to battery backup, before justifying spending so much on a (beautiful) car. Driving around a charade EV conversion job ATM for fun though :)

Edit: is the alcantra upper dashboard trim unique to Australia? I don't think it's an option in the US?

Hey Alex sorry to hear that. Don't worry man this is just the start of the revolution - when Gen III comes out I hope to see a whole army of Teslas in Melbourne :)

The good news: I have an ACT address as well so can "buy" in the ACT and save $5000. The bad news: it's about $20K more than I hoped for (I know huge hope based on no facts). :frown:

Now the biggest most important question is who can I go to to get a finance quote? Who is going to loan me the money to buy this brand new thing they don't know about?

The good news: I have an ACT address as well so can "buy" in the ACT and save $5000. The bad news: it's about $20K more than I hoped for (I know huge hope based on no facts). :frown:

Now the biggest most important question is who can I go to to get a finance quote? Who is going to loan me the money to buy this brand new thing they don't know about?

can we all move in to your ACT address for a day?

Regarding financing - I'm not sure, but I imagine a multi-national with data available from their overseas operations on the Model S? If you went through the Big 4 you might be in trouble, but what about GE, HSBC or the like?

Hi guys for those of you who are confirming your orders - did you go through your Dashboard? If I click "Design" from the dashboard I can't get the full Design Studio to show up. And I'm worried if I click "Confirm" it will just put through a stock white S60 -_-.
Must go through dashboard. It as buggy for me this morning, but i have both ordered and confirmed and received email confirmation with sale contract. The AUD$2500 early reserver discount will only be added at the time the final sale documents are prepared, just before delivery is due (per Stone).

the alcantara dashboard applies to the UK/Europe too. Our cars are much closer to Europe in spec than the USA.

Congrats on the purchase, what other options did you go for?

I optioned it up quite a bit. The purchase was approved by the home committee, but some of the options were not. It's OK it'll be like the Appropriations Bill, it will have to go through - can't be blocked!

S85 Metallic Green, with tan leather and matte obeche wood trim, 19" stock wheels, panoramic roof, tech package, air suspension, parking sensors, high fidelity sound and parcel shelf.

S85 Metallic Green, with tan leather and matte obeche wood trim, 19" stock wheels, panoramic roof, tech package, air suspension, parking sensors, high fidelity sound and parcel shelf.

Very nice! It seems surreal, to have been looking at these lists of specs from the USA buyers for so long and only now being able to announce them for ourselves. A Melbourne Tesla Club seems like it's quickly on the way!