Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gigafactory Investor Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Polypore likely to receive royalties following Tesla plant launch, says Wedbush
Wedbush predicts that Polypore (PPO) could obtain $20M in annual royalty revenue as a result of the launch of Tesla's (TSLA) giga factory. The firm says this royalty stream would be attractive for Polypore, and keeps a $28 price target and Outperform rating on Polypore.

Anyone know what this is? and the price target must be wrong trading at $32.50

Cross posting from another thread here, but is anyone interested in the convertible note offering? I've been trying to get more details about it. I sent an e-mail to Morgan Stanley, but they said they do not have the prospectus for the offering yet. Has anyone gotten a prospectus from another source?

Awww, Sleepy ... I know you love Austin. Heck, I love Austin. But it's not the only city with a tech population. Intel has a huge presence, for instance, in Chandler, AZ. And they're in the middle of a cutback. That means a number of appropriately skilled employees available now.

I live in Chandler and the city is actually working hard to build a 'tech corridor' in the hopes of luring more good jobs here. As much as I would like to see the GF come here, I'm concerned the politics might keep Tesla away. Mesa did just get the Apple facility, so maybe we'll get luck here? And there's obviously plenty of sun and open desert around to build a massive array of solar panels.

- - - Updated - - -

as I've enumerated elsewhere, one eyebrow-lifting reason Arizona has possibilities is that the monstrous (but not big enough!!!!!) plant Intel just completed in Chandler....they have mothballed. It might be possible for Tesla to pull another NUMMI there.

I thought about that for a minute too, but it's not really in a location to expand to the size Tesla would need (there are other Intel fab buildings around it), plus there's no room around it for a huge solar array. Though - this is a huge hypothetical - that plant practically borders an Indian reservation. Lots of open space there. There might be some incentives to building (either the GF or the solar array) on Indian land. But I'd put that on the longest of long shots list.

Polypore likely to receive royalties following Tesla plant launch, says Wedbush
Wedbush predicts that Polypore (PPO) could obtain $20M in annual royalty revenue as a result of the launch of Tesla's (TSLA) giga factory. The firm says this royalty stream would be attractive for Polypore, and keeps a $28 price target and Outperform rating on Polypore.

Anyone know what this is? and the price target must be wrong trading at $32.50

Wedbush reiterated an Outperform rating on Polypore International (NYSE: PPO) with a price target of $38.00. Analyst Craig Irwin thinks Tesla's Giga Facility could drive an attractive royalty stream.

... Maybe the Giga Factory is the reason why Apple met with TSLA last year, not to discuss buying TSLA, but to discuss being a partner with the factory. Apple has a green track record building green data centers and definitely has a thirst for batteries. Plus they seem to have a ton of cash they aren't doing anything with....

Oh, and if Texas is a finalist for the factory, they better quit with their anti TSLA NCDA loving ways.

... Maybe the Giga Factory is the reason why Apple met with TSLA last year, not to discuss buying TSLA, but to discuss being a partner with the factory. Apple has a green track record building green data centers and definitely has a thirst for batteries. Plus they seem to have a ton of cash they aren't doing anything with....

Oh, and if Texas is a finalist for the factory, they better quit with their anti TSLA NCDA loving ways.

Maybe we will see the Tx Gov on TV in California saying how green Tx is and that new companies that care about sustainability should expand to Tx.

got up late this morning- I've scanned the boards, but just want to verify; we're still waiting for word on conference call (or equivalent) right?

never mind- short term thread verified still waiting.... move along

Maybe we will see the Tx Gov on TV in California saying how green Tx is and that new companies that care about sustainability should expand to Tx.

Texas is already becoming green when you look at wind power generation.
Gas 2 | Bridging the gap between green heads and gear heads.
RENEWABLE ENERGY: New power lines will make Texas the worlds 5th-largest wind power producer -- Tuesday, February 25, 2014 -- www.eenews.net

It must be all those MS's, they have Cali-cooties that make unsuspecting drivers want to do yoga and be green. Standard option for all MSs shipped out of state.

Just saying... I am try as I damn well can to bring the Giga Factory to Illinios.... I will pull it all out. Lets all admit it, Illinios needs the jobs.

Except Elon wants to use solar energy, that pretty much dictates one of the states in the extreme south (bordering either Mexico or the Gulf of Mexico).
Solar in IL isn't a very logic thing, in the TX/AZ/CA/NM - Mex border it's a great resource.

Please let it be TEXAS! I'm from Houston and would love it if they build the factory here. We have massive open land and no state tax. Model S are very common here now. I have a feeling it will be Austin. Austin is becoming SF. Austin also has apple and google campus.