Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CEO: Very optimistic for 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that I noticed is that when the "Model E" was mentioned, Elon didn't correct the interviewer and refer to it as the Gen III vehicle, but also referred to it as the Model E. I think that's the first time I've actually heard him call it the Model E. Hmmmm.....

They have to call it something, and the world seems to have settled on Model E. I doubt they've really decided themselves.

At some point they will launch the vehicle, and it will be either "Model E" or "Model some-other-letter". Most likely.

One thing that I noticed is that when the "Model E" was mentioned, Elon didn't correct the interviewer and refer to it as the Gen III vehicle, but also referred to it as the Model E. I think that's the first time I've actually heard him call it the Model E. Hmmmm.....

Maybe he's hoping that the adoption of Model E by the public and press will make Ford give up on it.

Huh, selecting which state the factory will be located in right now.

Hear that, Red States? Better get your act together and stop enacting legislation written by NADA. Or do you not want jobs in addition to not wanting Obamacare funding?

They have to call it something, and the world seems to have settled on Model E. I doubt they've really decided themselves.

At some point they will launch the vehicle, and it will be either "Model E" or "Model some-other-letter". Most likely.

It doesn't have to be "Model __". The roadster is just the roadster. It would work perfectly well to have the luxury vehicles be the "Model __" series, and have other names for the new platform of cars.

That said, they've mentioned several times now that gen III is going to be called the model E, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gen III crossover is called the model Y. The first person to line up an S, E, X, and Y in the right order and take a picture gets a prize.