Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would probably find bunch of guys who tells otherwise, but YMMV
Lucas electrics would fail within their warranty period... and they were cheap....Volvo electrics fail within the first two weeks after the warranty has expired... and so will the replacement...which will be vastly expensive and no one in a Volvo garage will know which part has failed to begin with

Lucas electrics would fail within their warranty period... and they were cheap....Volvo electrics fail within the first two weeks after the warranty has expired... and so will the replacement...which will be vastly expensive and no one in a Volvo garage will know which part has failed to begin with
I mean about Volvo... these are known as quite reliable cars tho

I mean about Volvo... these are known as quite reliable cars tho
The engine is reliable....but nowadays (and for a long while now) it’s the electronics that are the problem...for all cars...but when asked to rank them, Volvo are the worst....I have no experience with Volvo EVs...I am just extrapolating from what I know of the brand and it’s dealerships

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
but that can be said about any car... look how many model 3 or model S or X is in the SC for services. look at fords or whatever :/

Exactly ... dealership Service departments wouldn't be needed if nobody needed their car fixed or serviced. They're all cars and they all need to go in for some kind of service or repair whatever the brand. The fact that one brand may get more than the average overall doesn't describe the experience of any individual owner. You can have a car from THE most reliable brand and still have problems ... that's stats and "averages" for you! Yes, people would increase their chances of getting a better experience by choosing the "most reliable models" but even that doesn't guarantee you won't be unlucky and get a stinker! At the other end of the stats continuum we have the likes of Landrover ... yet some people swear by them (rather than at them) and have had a great ownership experience ... and we read about Teslas at both ends of the spectrum of course.

Exactly ... dealership Service departments wouldn't be needed if nobody needed their car fixed or serviced. They're all cars and they all need to go in for some kind of service or repair whatever the brand. The fact that one brand may get more than the average overall doesn't describe the experience of any individual owner. You can have a car from THE most reliable brand and still have problems ... that's stats and "averages" for you! Yes, people would increase their chances of getting a better experience by choosing the "most reliable models" but even that doesn't guarantee you won't be unlucky and get a stinker! At the other end of the stats continuum we have the likes of Landrover ... yet some people swear by them (rather than at them) and have had a great ownership experience ... and we read about Teslas at both ends of the spectrum of course.
well, my car is fine.. except all the rattles :DDD which is very sad tbf

7k98xe.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado