Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tapatalk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell me how it behaves now - I've removed the plug-in part of the solution but left the code that actually does the work.

So, the app should work (does for me) but shouldn't bug people to d/l the app in Safari - doesn't bug me.

Seems to work now. No more Tapatalk messages on Safari. Thanks.

I also have cookies off on my iPhone and it still works great.

I notice messages like this at the bottom of posts quite often. I'm just wondering, is that "signature" something that can be turned off in the Tapatalk app?

Yes, the software has the option of removing that. One reason to keep it on is to inform others that you're posting mobile (and to take that into consideration when seeing typos or short sentences and such)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I notice messages like this at the bottom of posts quite often. I'm just wondering, is that "signature" something that can be turned off in the Tapatalk app?

+1. It is a little irritating to keep reading the "....using Tapatalk" line. And no sorry I can't explain why I find it irritating, I just do.

+1. It is a little irritating to keep reading the "....using Tapatalk" line. And no sorry I can't explain why I find it irritating, I just do.
Perhaps because it looks like part of the post. So you read it with the post, and then go "oh, I wasted my time" rather than pre-filtering it.

In short: it would be nice if it was colored, separated or whatever such that it was clearly a signature rather than part of the content worth reading.

I actually kind of find it a little irritating too. It seems like I'm reading an add or something. I doubt TMC is getting paid to have its forum littered with adds for Tapatalk.

I'd be fine with something like "Sent from my mobile device" or something.

I actually kind of find it a little irritating too. It seems like I'm reading an add or something. I doubt TMC is getting paid to have its forum littered with adds for Tapatalk.

I'd be fine with something like "Sent from my mobile device" or something.

I typically sign my mobile emails/posts with "Sent from my non-i Phone" or "Not sent from an iPhone". I use the latter one if I bring up the usage of a phone in the body of my email message. It is like anti-advertising.

I would just like to point out that prior to this forum, I had never heard of Tapatalk. Even though I'm kind of annoyed by the Tapatalk adds (signatures), now that I've heard about it, and I see all these smart people on TMC using Tapatalk, I can say that if I ever decided to buy a generic forum app, it would probably be Tapatalk.

I feel like TMC deserves some compensation for that.

As far as I know, TMC doesn't get any revenue from Tapatalk. We have an ancient mobile skin that I kind of prefer. It worked fine back in the days of Windows Mobile devices, and did actually work on the iPhone for a while. But some Safari or iOS update broke it, I think. Instead of trying to maintain it, we started suggesting people use Tapatalk since it's actively maintained and has a sleeker interface. I think I paid three bucks for it.

As far as I know, TMC doesn't get any revenue from Tapatalk. We have an ancient mobile skin that I kind of prefer. It worked fine back in the days of Windows Mobile devices, and did actually work on the iPhone for a while. But some Safari or iOS update broke it, I think. Instead of trying to maintain it, we started suggesting people use Tapatalk since it's actively maintained and has a sleeker interface. I think I paid three bucks for it.

Huh, I've been able to peruse TMC just fine using the web browser on the iPhone when I'm killing time away from my desk, but that was using the native interface vs some mobile skin AFAIK. I try to avoid mobile skins wherever possible, I'd rather see the whole scene vs wherever the editors / advertisers want the focus to be.

Just installed it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, works great :)

Much better then via the webbrowser.

I'd rather see the whole scene vs wherever the editors / advertisers want the focus to be.

It's their site... full or mobile, you see what they want you to see :)

I can follow things much easier on the webpage (see all the different forums, what's new..etc) on my iPad than with tapatalk. People seem to like it though.

Come on David... the dark side beckons...