Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"The uploaded image is too big"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bmah

Moderator, Supercharger Hunter
Global Moderator
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
TLDR: "The uploaded image is too big" error message on TMC might refer to a limit on the physical (pixel) dimensions of an image, not the number of bytes in the file.

Got a brand new iPhone 15 Pro to replace my old iPhone 11. I started getting a bunch of new problems uploading files into posts...no matter what I tried I was getting "The uploaded image is too big" errors from TMC. I did everything I could think of to reduce the file size (i.e. reducing JPEG quality) but nothing seemed to work, even when I wound up with something smaller than files that had uploaded successfully in the past. On a whim I decided to try resizing the dimensions of the photo (I used Preview on macOS) and this allowed me to upload the photo.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: MitchMitch
how big is the file?

MIght have been an issue with space on the storage volume which I just increased.

There's an XF update that should be coming hopefully soon that will make uploading images easier.

The original was around 7MB. Re-saved with the lowest JPEG resolution was about 1MB (which I admit is still pretty large). I think when I reduced the physical dimensions and resampled it was something like a few hundred KB.

Bruce.