Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MarcoRP on Twitter reporting alterations to the supercharger map.

Summary of changes
  • Rockhampton, Qld - Q1 2023 to Q3 2024
  • Mackay, Qld - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Miriam Vale, Qld - Q2 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Armidale, NSW - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Wagga Wagga, NSW - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Bairnsdale, Vic - Q2 2023 to Q4 2023
  • Hobart, Tas - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Kempsey, NSW - Q1 2023 - has disappeared
  • Bowral (Centennial) (no date and somewhat dubious) - has disappeared.
  • No reappearance of Lancelin, WA (was Q1 2023 before deletion in Nov 2022)
Brisbane South is now listed as Coorparoo (Q1 2023), though believed to be under construction at Rochedale Village.

So the only Q1 2023 sites remaining are:
  • Blaxland, NSW - electrical works started, but maybe not installed until "later this year"
  • Sydney (Campbeltown), NSW
  • Brisbane (South/Coorparoo), QLD - believed to be under construction at Rochedale Village

Also a deletion in NZ - Kaikoura/ Blenheim

Bairnsdale/ Lakes Entrance has been pushed back so many times it's getting silly, though at least we got Cann River open.

The Qld pushbacks are interesting in the context of the upcoming grant announcements.

Last edited:
MarcoRP on Twitter reporting alterations to the supercharger map.

Summary of changes
  • Rockhampton, Qld - Q1 2023 to Q3 2024
  • Mackay, Qld - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Miriam Vale, Qld - Q2 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Armidale, NSW - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Wagga Wagga, NSW - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Bairnsdale, Vic - Q2 2023 to Q4 2023
  • Hobart, Tas - Q1 2023 to Q3 2023
  • Kempsey, NSW - Q1 2023 - has disappeared
  • Bowral (Centennial) (no date and somewhat dubious) - has disappeared.
  • No reappearance of Lancelin, WA (was Q1 2023 before deletion in Nov 2022)
Brisbane South is now listed as Coorparoo (Q1 2023), though believed to be under construction at Rochedale Village.

So the only Q1 2023 sites remaining are:
  • Blaxland, NSW - electrical works started, but maybe not installed until "later this year"
  • Sydney (Campbeltown), NSW
  • Brisbane (South/Coorparoo), QLD - believed to be under construction at Rochedale Village

Also a deletion in NZ - Kaikoura/ Blenheim

Bairnsdale/ Lakes Entrance has been pushed back so many times it's getting silly, though at least we got Cann River open.

The Qld pushbacks are interesting in the context of the upcoming grant announcements.

None of this is great. Although we get suprise sites, I’m not impressed.

Last edited:
Taree from memory has been a while too. I scoured the council meeting from a couple of days ago, no mention of ev charging at all
Taree has never been on the Tesla FindUs map.
We only know about it from a press article in Aug 2021 and council meeting, and the subsequent NSW Govt grant..

Bairnsdale / Lakes Entrance first appeared in the official Tesla map in 2020 as a late 2020 site, and has kept on going backwards.

Reactions: Chuq and rx80
Looks like a bunch of price changes for Australian superchargers.

There is a lot of variability, but the main pattern I can see is regional sites are 64c/kWh, urban sites are between 50-60c/kWh.

I'm not sure if this reflects cost of supply/connection in certain areas, but there doesn't seem to be much variation between states.

The rate to charge non-Teslas is still 79c/kWh at the five enabled sites.

There is a lot of variability, but the main pattern I can see is regional sites are 64c/kWh, urban sites are between 50-60c/kWh.

I'm not sure if this reflects cost of supply/connection in certain areas, but there doesn't seem to be much variation between states.
Possibly just the higher usage sites are cheaper because the fixed overheads are amortised over more kWh.

I wonder if we could put the current prices against each site on the Supercharger Index post? When all the Superchargers had the same price it hardly seemed worth it, but if they're going to vary this much?

Cheapest I've found so far are Maroochydore, Camberwell and Eaton all $0.50/kWh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman and Chuq
I just typed up the prices for the NSW Superchargers. Tesla price first, then non-Tesla ad-hoc price in brackets afterwards for those chargers which are “open” to all EVs. Also I noticed in the app that a few of the sites have a wifi icon in the icons/features list for the site - anyone know what that is about (I have marked these with an asterisk)? List is broadly north-to-south:

Knockrow: $0.64
Maclean*: $0.64
Tenterfield: $0.64
Coffs Harbour*: $0.64
Tamworth: $0.64 ($0.79)
Port Macquarie: $0.64
Hollydene: $0.64 ($0.79)
Heatherbrae: $0.64
Central Coast*: $0.64
Macquarie Centre: $0.54
Broadway: $0.55
Kirrawee: $0.55
Bathurst: $0.64 ($0.79)
Dubbo: $0.64 ($0.79)
Wollongong: $0.64
Berry: $0.64
Goulburn: $0.64
Gundagai: $0.64
Canberra*: $0.56
Tuggeranong: $0.64
Narooma: $0.64 ($0.79)
Cooma: $0.64

I just typed up the prices for the NSW Superchargers. Tesla price first, then non-Tesla ad-hoc price in brackets afterwards for those chargers which are “open” to all EVs. Also I noticed in the app that a few of the sites have a wifi icon in the icons/features list for the site - anyone know what that is about (I have marked these with an asterisk)? List is broadly north-to-south:

Knockrow: $0.64
Maclean*: $0.64
Tenterfield: $0.64
Coffs Harbour*: $0.64
Tamworth: $0.64 ($0.79)
Port Macquarie: $0.64
Hollydene: $0.64 ($0.79)
Heatherbrae: $0.64
Central Coast*: $0.64
Macquarie Centre: $0.54
Broadway: $0.55
Kirrawee: $0.55
Bathurst: $0.64 ($0.79)
Dubbo: $0.64 ($0.79)
Wollongong: $0.64
Berry: $0.64
Goulburn: $0.64
Gundagai: $0.64
Canberra*: $0.56
Tuggeranong: $0.64
Narooma: $0.64 ($0.79)
Cooma: $0.64
I think I saw that you can use the Wifi at some of the superchargers just by clicking to join the network via the screen icon.

I haven’t tried but I‘ll be using a couple of them next week and post the results.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I haven’t tried but I‘ll be using a couple of them next week and post the results.
Thanks. I might be going via the Canberra one in the next week or two but would appreciate you looking/trying. I don’t remember seeing anything about it for Australia in here yet, so either it is new or it is a data error.

It would be good if that is what is happening - I thought I saw something along the lines of what you’ve said too for some ?US? Supercharger sites.

Maybe look for a Starlink dishy where the charger cabinets are; you’d reckon that’s what they are doing (from memory that is how the overseas Supercharger wifi has been delivered).

Reactions: Hairyman
A somewhat strange entry has appeared on the Tesla maps this morning as an operating Supercharger in Bowral, NSW.

There are however some inconsistencies (and it had never been spotted under construction), so more inclined to think it's a mistake for now.
The Centennial Vineyards site has also recently received some Destination Chargers.

The dot itself seems to line up to Heatherbrae Pies at Sutton Forest Southbound on the Hume.
Something interesting finally showed up at Heatherbrae's Pies at Sutton Forest southbound. Pics as of a few minutes ago. Notice the two white cabinets off to the right?
20230319_094945.jpg

20230319_095012.jpg

Given we've seen activity at Campbelltown and Sutton Forest, which should (hopefully) make an impact on capacity by Easter, has there been anything spotted on the Sydney-Brisbane leg which also saw queues at Christmas?

Raymond Terrace, Taree, Coffs Harbour and Ballina all have 12-15 stall sites planned. Since the addresses are public, I'm guessing the news would be out if construction started at any of them?