Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Superchargers at National Trust Sites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an idea.....

Given the price of Tesla's I have to assume that the majority of their owners are a little older than average.

Normally the older generation stop at the legendary National Trust tea shops to break up their journey. Surely the revenue is down at these tea shops now people have to charge at Superchargers?

I think Tesla and National Trust should get together on charging plans, the revenue for the National Trust tea shops would go up and the amount of people with the right financial demographic would see all the cars and buy more Telsas?

Well, it was just my thoughts while considering where to find lunch near the supercharger because KFC really wasn't a good Sunday Lunch. :)

I think Tesla and National Trust should get together on charging plans

Tesla have been offering free destination chargers for some time now (3 years?) and "workplace charging" similarly.

Government paid us 50% of the cost of installing EV charging in our (work) car park (pretty sure we are nothing special! and that is available-to-all)

if NT don't have anything that's because they are not getting on with it ... Tesla already offer all they need (if that offer hasn't changed & NT haven't missed the boat ...)

On similar tack: there are two chargers at RHS Wisley. One has been broken for over a year and nothing done about getting it fixed ...

On the grander scale of things it is trivial to provide, in particular for any organisation that is "Eco inclined" or wants to be seen to be doing it ...

... but some organisations have incredible lethargy. Why does a bunch of Sainsbury's Organic Bananas have a non recyclable packaging wrapper (and pretty much everything else in their store, and most other supermarkets, of course) ... still? ... <sigh!>

Fast chargers aren't really that suitable for NT sites to increase their customers as I don't think would encourage coffee shop sales once someone has visited once and seen their prices!

Slow chargers are much more useful as people tend to spend several hours at a site and there are a few sites already with the 7kw chargers and often the sites have an EV to transport guests, the chargers are usually free.

In addition to that BMW list there are more sites that have a charger and can be found on Zap Map

Last edited:
"Like us [NT], BMW i is inspired by nature, and is championing innovation with their range of electric cars to make travel more sustainable"

a "range" of electric cars? One BEV and one PHEV (which comes in two variants - roof or no-roof)

Unless I am missing something? I think NT are doing themselves a huge disservice ... unless BMW have put their hand deep into their pocket

Normally the older generation stop at the legendary National Trust tea shops to break up their journey.

Obviously, whether someone is older depends on your frame of reference, so whether most of us are ancient or not is to be determined :)

NT properties are a preferred planned stop for our kids, mainly because there's usually space to let off some steam & break up a journey without the pressure of a shop that has too many things that the kids feel they need to nag me about. The day the National Trust start putting Buzz Light Year on the Tea Towels rather than historic maps of the local area I might change my plans. Completely recommend any Hill Forts, very low chance of a gift shop on abandoned earthworks.

I was impressed to see NT Baggy point appear in the charge list a while back. If VW ever give up on their outlandish behaviour and produce the Buzz Campervan I imagine it may well be quite popular with the surfers. Nobody bats an eyelash forking out a lot of cash on VW transporters, the amount of posh builder vans around is staggering.

"Like us [NT], BMW i is inspired by nature, and is championing innovation with their range of electric cars to make travel more sustainable"

a "range" of electric cars? One BEV and one PHEV (which comes in two variants - roof or no-roof)

Unless I am missing something? I think NT are doing themselves a huge disservice ... unless BMW have put their hand deep into their pocket

It's amazing, Tesla (as far as I know) aren't advertising very much, whereas every carbon vomitting and Lederhosen around Ankles company out there is banging on about how their concepts for a green future are going to save the world as long as you keep buying their Oil or ICEs... Watching an Ad break in the UK is like watching a Live feed to the concept cars at the Geneva car show..

every carbon vomitting and Lederhosen around Ankles company out there is banging on about how their concepts for a green future are going to save the world as long as you keep buying ...

So you don't feel strongly about it then, eh? :D

Tesla (as far as I know) aren't advertising very much

I don't think Tesla have ever done any conventional advertising. Nearest they have come to it is to commission some User Created Videos (i.e. a competition with cash prizes for winners)

But of course I have told everyone I know about Fart Mode, and taken them out to the car to show them, and much merriment has been had. Thanks Elon :)

Not sure Fart mode etc. sells cars ... but it certainly does bring them into the conversation. Not sure if conventional ambassadors talk about farting much ... but this Tesla ambassador certainly does :)

Reactions: Fullerene
I don't think Tesla have ever done any conventional advertising. Nearest they have come to it is to commission some User Created Videos (i.e. a competition with cash prizes for winners)

Their referrals have proven to be very effective advertising and in return the creators are rewarded with anything from signed chargers to upgraded alloys, powerwalls and even free cars.

Reactions: WannabeOwner