Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willcox, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still grinning out here... I've got a solid 40A solution at my house that's free and includes a 2012 Sig. As a loaner. Might cost you a six pack though! Lol...

Been debating getting a HPWC set up for 80A at home.. "jury is still out".

Same here I'm right next to Lost Dutchman State Park and have 40 run by the sun if you need a boost.. Go Willcox.. Plus the Cranes will be coming soon or already are there..

Any news on Willcox? I'm wondering if that site super came through with the correct information. Haven't got back to my car yet to check the nav to see if it popped up on the nav. Might just drive down there anyway tonight just for the heck of it and to pick up some Popeye's Chicken :)

Any news on Willcox? I'm wondering if that site super came through with the correct information. Haven't got back to my car yet to check the nav to see if it popped up on the nav. Might just drive down there anyway tonight just for the heck of it and to pick up some Popeye's Chicken :)

Does Popeye's still have that red beans and rice along with biscuits of Great and Decadent reputation?

We've been discussing a W&W road trip to Arizona (Waffle House & WhatABurger) and would happily add in a stop in Deming for Popeye's once that SC is live.

For the nutritional value, of course.

• Funny
Reactions: tccartier
Just arrived at the Willcox Superchargers and much to my dismay they are not operational. It does appear however that all landscaping and everything is completed job site is cleaned up for the most part at this point we're just waiting to flip the switch. Staff at the desk has no idea when they're going to go live but seem aggravated that it's taking so long :) nothing to do now but go grab some Popeye's Chicken and head for home.

Attachments

• IMG_20171213_194749455.jpg
    IMG_20171213_194749455.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20171213_194828427.jpg
    IMG_20171213_194828427.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 71
Just arrived at the Willcox Superchargers and much to my dismay they are not operational. It does appear however that all landscaping and everything is completed job site is cleaned up for the most part at this point we're just waiting to flip the switch. Staff at the desk has no idea when they're going to go live but seem aggravated that it's taking so long :) nothing to do now but go grab some Popeye's Chicken and head for home.

Nice pix. May yer ensuing (chicken and) biscuitry be bountiful.

Reactions: tccartier
We were also at Willcox today- around 2:00pm- went over to Apple Annies for pie and saw the Supercharger Installation Electrical Contractors. They were not very happy with Tesla, Tesla had canceled the commissioning today - couldn't get there was what the guys said, They said they were completely finished and Tesla had to come and open their cabinets and check it all out. The guys said they were leaving today and would come back when Tesla committed to being there if they were still needed- but they didn't know when that would be. Disappointing, but things happen. They said they were pretty much done a week ago and they also said they could have built it faster had they had better drawings. Seems the company that Tesla hires ( based in Ohio) didn't give these guys complete drawings

Also, met a couple in a S75 from Florida that just came across Texas with an RV stop in Ft Stockton to bridge that gap. Hope them made it to Tucson,

I won't post my picture since tccartier posted his.

We made it to Deming without issue- 208 range miles used, but we did drive 60 MPH through Texas Canyon to make sure we didn't have any issues.

Anyway- hope it's done next week when we return