Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wickenburg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rotated
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0188.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg

These are from 7-5-14 ..... they are getting there!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Let's see.

Hard Hat - check
Safety Glasses - check
Ear Protection - hat brim? check
Long Pants - oops
Sturdy Work Boots - ?
Gloves - oops

Thanks for the photos, Tyl! Really looking forward to this one and Cordes Junction. But mostly Casa Grande :)

That worries me too. ICE cars will surely park in the 30 minute general parking car spots. The electric vehicle parking signs really should be modified to indicate that those spots are for EV parking ONLY. The signs Tesla installed are bound to lead to confusion among ICE drivers (assuming they read the signs).

That worries me too. ICE cars will surely park in the 30 minute general parking car spots. The electric vehicle parking signs really should be modified to indicate that those spots are for EV parking ONLY. The signs Tesla installed are bound to lead to confusion among ICE drivers (assuming they read the signs).

Too bad the AZ EV charging statute requires that the car being charged to have an alternate fuel license plate (or sticker) on it. It doesn't specify that it has to be an AZ-issued plate or sticker, but many states don't issue "alternate fuel" plates -- so I bet that's why Tesla doesn't put the standard signage at the SCs in AZ...

Arizona Revised Statutes said:
An individual is not allowed to stop, stand, or park a motor vehicle within any parking space specifically designated for parking and charging EVs unless the motor vehicle is an EV and has been issued an alternative fuel vehicle special plate or sticker. A person who is found responsible for a violation may be subject to a civil penalty of at least $350. (ReferenceArizona Revised Statutes 28-876)

Note that the issuance of a violation is discretionary. The statute quoted above says "[a] person who is found responsible for a violation MAY (emphasis added) be subject to a civil penalty ...". My state does not issue alternative fuel vehicle special plates or stickers. I would hope that if an officer saw me charging at one of the AZ locations, they would use their intelligence to realize my car is an EV car sitting in the EV charging spot for the purpose of charging. Should the officer issue a ticket, I would expect a court to dismiss it.