Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never even considered going that way...Google maps has it at 5 hr 44 min for that route, 20 min longer than the Gallup route. I'd say less time charging in Bluff, except that the charger there will only output 200A, so good for about 65kW on the Tesla and 75kW on the slightly higher voltage (but way less efficient) Rivian. I guess it maybe depends on how fast you wanna drive across the rez...Having a stop in Kayenta would be way easier either way. Probably would only need a 10min stop on 5 hr drive vs the 20-30min in Gallup. The other route where Kayenta would be really helpful is coming back from Moab to Flagstaff. Bluff to Flagstaff is 218 mi with 2600 ft of elevation gain and generally headwinds. Last time we came that route it was about a 90min charge in Bluff to get to 92% in the Rivian. Would certainly be faster in the Model 3 LR.
Your route through Gallup looks faster than the route through Bluff to me too. But they are close enough that you might want to consider mixing it up for variety if it's a drive you do often.