Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wickenburg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging on Sunday 6/4 was a hot mess. The navigation screen showed a wait at the Wickenburg charger during the entire drive from Kingman. Upon arrival, the line was 4 deep and grew to 6 during the wait. Entire stop was 45-60 minutes to get enough juice to get to Phoenix. Shared speeds peaked in the 50-60kw zone. Until Wikieup eventually opens, this site is going to be a logjam on the weekends when lots of people go to/from Vegas from Phoenix.

On a related note, why are people so bad at forming a line. If I was first to arrive and all spots were full, I'd likely drive to the end of the aisle and queue up near the mouth of the circle. Instead, there were 3 cars spaced out in the spots across from the charging stalls in no particular order and another in the opening to the lot. Chaos, I tell ya!

Charging on Sunday 6/4 was a hot mess. The navigation screen showed a wait at the Wickenburg charger during the entire drive from Kingman. Upon arrival, the line was 4 deep and grew to 6 during the wait. Entire stop was 45-60 minutes to get enough juice to get to Phoenix. Shared speeds peaked in the 50-60kw zone. Until Wikieup eventually opens, this site is going to be a logjam on the weekends when lots of people go to/from Vegas from Phoenix.

On a related note, why are people so bad at forming a line. If I was first to arrive and all spots were full, I'd likely drive to the end of the aisle and queue up near the mouth of the circle. Instead, there were 3 cars spaced out in the spots across from the charging stalls in no particular order and another in the opening to the lot. Chaos, I tell ya!
There are a fair number of vehicles that pull through the circular area to pay their utility bill using the dropbox. I don't think there is any good way to form a queue at this location.

Reactions: TacoGuy
Its time for a charge station rating upgrade. And certainly some more chargers there. I've been through on weekdays and weekends and the limited chargers are always full with a wait most times on weekends. The more I do this trip, the more I think WikiUP is a better bail out point for charging than the back woods rodeo that is that basha's / town center in wickenburg.

Its time for a charge station rating upgrade. And certainly some more chargers there. I've been through on weekdays and weekends and the limited chargers are always full with a wait most times on weekends. The more I do this trip, the more I think WikiUP is a better bail out point for charging than the back woods rodeo that is that basha's / town center in wickenburg.
If you think Wickenburg is a backwoods rodeo, then you'll just love Wikieup.

• Funny
Reactions: Sparky1 and TacoGuy
16 x 250kw in Wikieup is needed and will help many on the Phx to Vegas route, but an upgrade in Wickenburg to V3 (similar to Holbrook and Gallup), would really help with the current bottleneck. WIckenburg used to only be a cluster on peak days at peak times, but I've seen it clogged at many different hours on the weekend and even midday on a Thursday. 8 shared stalls doesn't cut it, anymore! The stalls just don't turn over quickly enough. Still no action in Wikieup, which was backed up to Q4 on the map. Hopefully it doesn't turn into the next Globe.

And Bashas has adequate bathrooms and provisions, with a time warp back to maybe 1985. I'll allow it!

Bathrooms: The SpC is in the City Hall parking lot. Unless there is a new policy, City Hall's main lobby is open 24h, with good restrooms - on your left a bit down the hallway from the SpC entrance.
Any regular charging there should explore the Main street's various - and extremely home-grown - eateries. When we frequented the area, our favorite was a sandwichery one block parallel to the main st; about two blocks "down" (east) of the SpC. But I can't recall its name now.

Yes, City Hall bathrooms are still open and the closest option. If I'm walking over to Bahsas for a beverage, they also have a bathroom as an option.

Are you thinking of Nana's Sandwich Shoppe?

1690344171292.png

So: rather than on the main drag (Tegner), it’s the next street over, along the railway tracks (Frontier). And, according to GoogleMaps, it’s been replaced by a coffee shop called Pour Joe’s.
Apologies for the runaround.

@Sparky1

Is there a link to this location? Not seeing any reference on supercharge.info
Also:

Bathrooms: The SpC is in the City Hall parking lot. Unless there is a new policy, City Hall's main lobby is open 24h, with good restrooms - on your left a bit down the hallway from the SpC entrance.
Any regular charging there should explore the Main street's various - and extremely home-grown - eateries. When we frequented the area, our favorite was a sandwichery one block parallel to the main st; about two blocks "down" (east) of the SpC. But I can't recall its name now.
Stopped in Wickenburg today to find a full charger and a short wait, followed by the normal slow and shared charge rates.

In addition, I tried to access the bathrooms in Town Hall but the doors were locked. There was staff inside cleaning but would only point to the posted hours on the door, which didn't include the weekend. This is a first for me and must be a recent change as I've been through this site many times on the weekend. Bashas is now option #1 on the weekends, but only open 6a-9a on Fri and Sat and 7a-10p on Sunday.

• Informative
Reactions: GleanerC