Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waukesha, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to post a picture. This was from the end of June....
20230616_Waukesha.jpg

Well, this is depressing. Tesla updated the Find Us map. They no longer have a Q target opening. There must some serious issues going on in the background. I sure hope it’s of a technical nature and not Political, but this is the Deepest Red area of the state. I wouldn’t put it past someone within the Utility company to be purposely slow walking it. There is just no obvious reason for the long delay.
IMG_0444.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: rhummer
Well, this is depressing. Tesla updated the Find Us map. They no longer have a Q target opening. There must some serious issues going on in the background. I sure hope it’s of a technical nature and not Political, but this is the Deepest Red area of the state. I wouldn’t put it past someone within the Utility company to be purposely slow walking it. There is just no obvious reason for the long delay.
I wouldn't always attribute to malice what could also be attributed to incompetence. I wonder if the installers screwed something up and they are stuck waiting to fix it.

Did a drive by today. Actualy saw some new acrtivity since my last visit.
Some new equipment delivered, new protrective fence installed and utility markings on the new grass.
Something happening?

Attachments

• fence.jpg
    fence.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • equipment.jpg
    equipment.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
This is sounding a bit like the Lincoln, NE Supercharger that got built and torn down twice before finally being approved on the 3rd build over a year after expected. Tesla has some very tight specifications and they carefully inspect every detail and fail if it isn't done right.
I heard this from a general contractor who has installed several Superchargers as well as EA stations. He grumbled about the books of detailed Supercharger instructions but was thoroughly impressed. The EA had a rough Quick Reference Guide with few details.
I'm thinking some less-competent electricians are low bidding the installations with the hope of doing a shabby job but Tesla isn't letting them get away with it.
This is why Superchargers work. Others may.
At least they'll work when they finally do get finished. I definitely look forward to having a Supercharger in the area.

Reactions: MattChristian
Guys
I called WI Tesla today and asked a few questions due to me being a temp resident for a year or more in Wausau area:
Any place I can rent a Tesla? They had no idea, Also Toro shows none
How do I buy a Tesla in WI? You cannot, have to buy via rhe app/ok, but pickup in IL or Minn, crazy
Ev state purchase rebates? None

What’s going on with Tesla in WI???

Also, how will a M3RWD do in WI winters? Asking you guys