Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South Hill, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the email

Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 6.01.44 PM.png

Boy! Even Tesla PR doesn't take the time to do a keystone correction on their pictures, very amateurish. It looks like the charging pedestals are doing an imitation of the Leaning Tower of Pisa...

OTOH, Congratulations!

This is very close to a lot of my family in Lunenburg County, just north of there. Maybe I will do an east coast Tesla trip one day.

20140810_112830.jpg

Charging here now. Hit up Burlington for 7 minutes earlier to get just enough for the hop here.

118kW peak, arrived with 28 rated miles.

88 actual miles to Glen Allen, so going to grab about another 100 rated miles here and head north. Probably have that by the time I'm done this post.

Restaurant here appears to be closed on Sunday. :(

The meter here shows 0 kWh used so far with a multiplier of 300. So less than 300kWh pumped through here so far.

PSA:

This supercharger is in the parking lot of a popular area bar.

Arrived here at 10PM on Friday, found 4 of 6 spots ICEd... every other spot in the lot is taken, also, so only place to park is in front of the stalls....

Wouldn't be surprised to find all 6 ICEd on a Friday or Saturday night....

Just noting. I'll probably range change at Glen Allen instead of stopping here like I used to if I come through at this time again just in case.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
PSA:

This supercharger is in the parking lot of a popular area bar.

Arrived here at 10PM on Friday, found 4 of 6 spots ICEd... every other spot in the lot is taken, also, so only place to park is in front of the stalls....

Wouldn't be surprised to find all 6 ICEd on a Friday or Saturday night....

Just noting. I'll probably range change at Glen Allen instead of stopping here like I used to if I come through at this time again just in case.

Similar experience for me 2 wks ago on a Friday night. Showed up around 10pm and there were multiple spots ICE'd and a fair number of intoxicated non-Tesla owners milling about the dark parking lot. Interesting scene for sure!

Since I posted my original PSA, I've not seen any spots ICE'd on Friday or Saturday nights. I've used this spot quite a bit since it opened. It makes it so I can complete my 575 mile trip NC<->NJ in just two 45 minute stops (South Hill, VA and Woodbridge, VA)... so, definitely liking the spot more. On a good weather day it is just within range of a 100% charge of my house. Woodbridge is one I used to avoid more, too, but it's growing on me...

I actually spoke to the owner of the restaurant at South Hill on Thursday afternoon. He said that most of their regulars know to leave the spots open, and they get multiple Model S charging every day. He's also working with Tesla at another location (he said where but I'm not sure I understood exactly what he said...).

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Few spots ICEd here on my return trip yesterday around ~7PM (Monday). On my northbound trip on Saturday there were three other Model S here... most I've ever seen at this location.

2015-05-09 13.01.52-crop.jpg

From left to right: Me (P85D), 60, 85D, 85D.