Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if true, more superchargers is never a bad thing. Not sure that'd be more or less convenient on my way through Richmond to Williamsburg from up north.

I really like the Glen Allen location, the only problem being it can get crowded with locals shopping.

Reactions: EVTECH

This site plan
upload_2017-10-16_17-47-47.png

It's not all that random. I live 10 minutes from this location and I can't want for it to be built. It's right off I64 and near the intersection with I95. We do most of our shopping here so it will be awesome to charge while we shop. I can keep a close eye on it's construction status when it gets going and post updates.

Reactions: callmesam
It's not all that random. I live 10 minutes from this location and I can't want for it to be built. It's right off I64 and near the intersection with I95. We do most of our shopping here so it will be awesome to charge while we shop. I can keep a close eye on it's construction status when it gets going and post updates.

I think there should be survey lines/paint markings down if you can swing by to confirm?

Should be close to the access road near JC Penny's/Lowes

Based on the site plan graphic from Ross, I was able to find the spot in the parking lot. Here are a few pictures. It looks like some things have already been marked. There are tons of stores and restaurants a short walk away.

Attachments

• IMG_9345.JPG
    IMG_9345.JPG
    741.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_9346.JPG
    IMG_9346.JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_9347.JPG
    IMG_9347.JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I had someone local call me today to say they saw digging equipment onsite and working.

Can anyone here confirm?

It is very much under construction! Pictures attached. It looks like the supercharger shipments from Tesla are here already.

Attachments

• IMG_9448.JPG
    IMG_9448.JPG
    797.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_9449.JPG
    IMG_9449.JPG
    703.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_9450.JPG
    IMG_9450.JPG
    672.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_9451.JPG
    IMG_9451.JPG