Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheridan, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In planning some more, I think an overnight in Buffalo might be in order. It's about the right distance and would give the kids some time to enjoy their nice pool. Looks like Lusk to Buffalo shouldn't be much of a stretch (231RM/69kWh) if I fully charge in Lusk. I the probably wouldn't have to have more than a 120V outlet to add enough range to get us to Sheridan, although finding something more would be nice.

Thank you all for your help! It's comforting to know others make this leg on a regular basis. Just newbie jitters. :eek:

In planning some more, I think an overnight in Buffalo might be in order. It's about the right distance and would give the kids some time to enjoy their nice pool. Looks like Lusk to Buffalo shouldn't be much of a stretch (231RM/69kWh) if I fully charge in Lusk. I the probably wouldn't have to have more than a 120V outlet to add enough range to get us to Sheridan, although finding something more would be nice.

Thank you all for your help! It's comforting to know others make this leg on a regular basis. Just newbie jitters. :eek:

There's Destination charging in Buffalo with a pair of 80A HPWC at the Quality Inn, free for guests and $20 otherwise. Deer Park Campground has 14-50s for $5 for 2-3 hours of charging.

We are driving from Minneapolis to Missoula/Lolo Hot Springs next week so to be absolutely certain of our options in Gillette, I called the Campbell County Hospital's Security service -- phone number is in PlugShare. They said they'd be happy to meet me there if I call a little bit in advance, unlock the charger and for a $20.00 donation to the hospital's fund, we can charge as long as we need to -- I think it's a 14-50, so even just an hour will give us a lot of comfort for the leg between Rapid City and Sheridan. They say it's not getting much use -- also good to know.

On my way from Casper to Riverton earlier today, and noticed the navigation wanted me to go to the new Sheridan Super Charger first. It's only 148 miles out of my way on a 119 mile trip with 180 miles of range.
So it's live on in the Tesla crazy navigation system now too.

We are driving from Minneapolis to Missoula/Lolo Hot Springs next week so to be absolutely certain of our options in Gillette, I called the Campbell County Hospital's Security service -- phone number is in PlugShare. They said they'd be happy to meet me there if I call a little bit in advance, unlock the charger and for a $20.00 donation to the hospital's fund, we can charge as long as we need to -- I think it's a 14-50, so even just an hour will give us a lot of comfort for the leg between Rapid City and Sheridan. They say it's not getting much use -- also good to know.

I used it in late May, 14-50. It was unlocked then, we went in and asked first

I've been looking for the Sheridan, WY SC on google maps, and is seems that the Sheridan, WY supercharger shown on supercharge.info is not at the right location. The red dot is shown on the wrong side of Main Street; the correct location is on the west side of the main street in the northwest corner of the parking lot for Blackstone Grill.

I've been looking for the Sheridan, WY SC on google maps, and is seems that the Sheridan, WY supercharger shown on supercharge.info is not at the right location. The red dot is shown on the wrong side of Main Street; the correct location is on the west side of the main street in the northwest corner of the parking lot for Blackstone Grill.

It's fixed now, thanks.

It's the parking lot for the Best Western/Sheridan Center motel--Blackstone Grill is just the latest name for the restaurant inside. If you ask anyone in town where the Blackstone Grill is, guaranteed you'll get blank stares. Also of note is that the neighborhood has some sort of EMF interference that causes the music streaming to stop as well as internet access, I'm assuming. I'm thinking possibly from the Wells Fargo bank a few blocks south.

With all of the new sites in construction or permit stage in Montana, Sheridan with 4 V2 stalls and nothing else around is starting to stick out as a real bottleneck. Let's hope Tesla remedies that soon!
Well, new sites in MT are now all open. Wish it was possible to go from Evansville to Billings without needing to charge in Sheridan, but at 275 miles, it ain’t gonna happen.

Could get ugly at the Sheridan charger this summer!

Reactions: bruce4000