Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX - West Loop 1604 N

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

Please update to 16 stalls

GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
Project Name: Tesla - San Antonio - Culebra Commons
Scope of Work: Tesla is proposing to install an electric vehicle charging station within existing parking lot. The project includes (16) charging posts, (4) charging cabinets, (1) switchgear, (1) utility transformer and (1) utility meter on H-Frame. Approx. 840 sf of asphalt to be removed and replaced. Approx. 230 sf of concrete pad for the cabinets and transformer.

Permit issued, but also another related permit was issued for commercial sitework. I'm thinking this one is real close to start construction.

https://aca.sanantonio.gov/Citizen...ID3=002YZ&agencyCode=COSA&IsToShowInspection=

1673070096969.png

Attachments

• 1673070022406.png
    1673070022406.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 347
Reactions: CarlS
Progress at the site. Trenching to main power vault has been dug with some conduit in the trench. You can see the charging poles are stored at the end. It’s not clear yet where along this long parking area the chargers will be located. This looks like just access to the grid right now.

IMG_1786.jpeg
IMG_1785.jpeg
IMG_1789.jpeg

Power is typically trenched to any location in a shopping center parking lot, happens all the time for supercharger installations, and they would have taken that into account in the original design. If UE on the drawing is underground electric, it was already running under the planned transformer location.

They changed their minds for some reason.

Last edited:
Well that’s interesting. So they are building it around that parking lot island near Dutch Bros as per the drawing.

That’s quite a trench! Many places seem to drill underground to run power but I guess it depends.

I guess this won’t be done early August, but maybe by the end of August?

Last edited: