Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX - East Basse Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by these chargers five days ago and there was a guy wrapping the individual stalls in dark plastic. I stopped and spoke to him a little and asked when this site would become operational. He stated that he didn't know and that they were still waiting for the transformers to arrive. He also said he was wrapping the stalls to keep people from thinking that they were online. The yellow tape was still there but laying on the ground.

Having this site operational would help me tremendously since the nearest three superchargers are at far NE, N and E parts of the city. This forces me to charge up before arriving at my destination if I don't want to drive back out to one those chargers during my stay.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS and Cigar Man
. . . . Having this site operational would help me tremendously since the nearest three superchargers are at far NE, N and E parts of the city. This forces me to charge up before arriving at my destination if I don't want to drive back out to one those chargers during my stay.
Exactly! Either this one or the downtown SC would be a great improvement. It is indicative of how much San Antonio needs more SCs when a fairly new 15 stall on Loop 1604 V3 is almost always full or near it and the 122 V2 at Huebner Oaks is almost always full.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
We have an old favored route that we used to drive around San Antonio in the motorhome. I-37 to US90 west to TX151 to 1604 loop to west I-10. It’s quite smooth. A few extra miles but avoids a bunch of the downtown interchange busy busy multi-lane craziness. The charger under construction at west loop 1604 is well positioned along this route for us.

I usually have plenty of charge from Alice already, so this loop location works well and for us replaces the charger at Leon Springs. I really hate the old slow charger at Leon Springs.

Reactions: charliepmayer
Went by today to take a look.

The cabinets and the transformer (when it gets there) are enclosed in a locked enclosure. I was able to shoot two photos: one pic of two cabinets and the other the pad for the transformer.

SA Basse Rd SC Construction 11-28-2023 01.jpg

SA Basse Rd SC Construction 11-28-2023 06.jpg

SA Basse Rd SC Construction 11-28-2023 07.jpg

This is a different set up. There are six pull-in stalls and six back ins.
SA Basse Rd SC Construction 11-28-2023 02.jpg

The stack of boxes is puzzling. Anybody know what these "outer panels" might be?

SA Basse Rd SC Construction 11-28-2023 05.jpg

The cabinets and the transformer (when it gets there) are enclosed in a locked enclosure. I was able to shoot two photos: one pic of two cabinets and the other the pad for the transformer.

View attachment 994464

View attachment 994465

View attachment 994466

View attachment 994467

The stack of boxes is puzzling. Anybody know what these "outer panels" might be?

View attachment 994469
Good pics! I wonder why the long delay for transformers in SA.

But the one in north loop 1604 opens right after the work finishes.
I think this occurred before transformer lead times went from 1-2 months to 12 months. I can assume, hopefully, that Tesla works with the power company to get the transformer ordered well ahead of when construction has been planned to start, but ultimately it is not in Tesla’s direct control.

View attachment 994464

View attachment 994465

View attachment 994466

View attachment 994467

View attachment 994469
Can this be the outer panel of xfmers?