Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Converse, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• MAP OF PROJECT AREA_V1.pdf
    362.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Converse, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Shell
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Luling, TX - 45.1 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Flatonia, TX (v2) - 75.2 miles

US-90

To: Luling, TX - 47 miles (Permit)
To: Flatonia, TX (v2) - 77.8 miles

A good one to add density on I-10. Now just need to add construction.

Converse, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Shell
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Luling, TX - 45.1 miles (Permit)
To: Flatonia, TX (v2) - 75.2 miles

US-90

To: Luling, TX - 47 miles (Permit)
To: Flatonia, TX (v2) - 77.8 miles

A good one to add density on I-10. Now just need to add construction.
Between this one, Luling, San Antonio - Broadway, and San Antonio - E Basse Rd; I wish someone would offer odds on these being open before or after January 1, 2024. I'd be hammering the after, and sadly cashing in, in about 7 months.

I guess the question is, all 4 of the above open first, or a next gen roadster sold to a customer?

Between this one, Luling, San Antonio - Broadway, and San Antonio - E Basse Rd; I wish someone would offer odds on these being open before or after January 1, 2024. I'd be hammering the after, and sadly cashing in, in about 7 months.

I guess the question is, all 4 of the above open first, or a next gen roadster sold to a customer?
Well, Luling is likely dependent on the construction of the new Buccee's, which is in very early stages. I'd be surprised if this is up before the end of the year. E Basse Rd - in the Quarry Shopping area. This place is packed with shoppers almost all the time. I'm guessing Tesla are wanting to coordinate all the subcontractors very carefully to minimize the construction footprint, else they risk really angering the nearby businesses and shoppers.

Broadway I don't have much of an answer. Perhaps they are waiting for the Broadway road construction to finish? Otherwise it's just an under-utilized parking lot, where construction really wouldn't inconvenience anyone.

Getting there! This certainly gives me another option for bypassing most of San Antonio and using I-10 to reach TX130. I might like this better than Luling.

Now if we can have one on the west of San Antonio on US90 for coming from the southern hill country, and then somewhere along the south side maybe I-37 and 1604 Loop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cigar Man
Getting there! This certainly gives me another option for bypassing most of San Antonio and using I-10 to reach TX130. I might like this better than Luling.

Now if we can have one on the west of San Antonio on US90 for coming from the southern hill country, and then somewhere along the south side maybe I-37 and 1604 Loop.
I think Hondo would be a really good location for a supercharger.

OK, great, thanks. I’ll take your experience/hunches! This will be very handy for me heading to north of Austin via TX130. If it’s completed in the next 3 months that would be awesome. Unfortunately my experience so far has been that stations go live about 2 weeks after I could have really used it, ha ha.

Reactions: Guacahummus
1000118181.jpg
1000118182.jpg
1000118183.jpg
1000118184.jpg

🚧 Construction has begun!

Yeah, didn't want to get out of my car and bother the workers on site to get closer (plus I was supposed to be on my way home and didn't want to take too much extra time).

Based on where the trench is, though, looks like they might be pull-in stalls? \o/

The 3 pole mounted transformers behind the site look pretty new and are likely the feed for these stations. Hopefully that means this will be a quick build, and not drag on like the other SA area construction sites.
I'm gonna guess since the transformer bank you are referring to is (a) already in use due to the fuses in place and (b) only 300kVa (3-100's), that these chargers will receive power from a new and much larger service. If Guacahummus can find some drawings we can certainly tell if its a pad or pole mount service.

But I do agree, pole mounted services do come online rather quickly...unless we bring up the Humble SC next to IAH airport in Houston which has been sitting for weeks waiting for the service to be connected to the overheads.