Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Converse, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the location matches the "MAP OF PROJECT AREA" in the first post attachment. Reposting here as an image rather than PDF.
MAP OF PROJECT AREA_V1.jpg

I'm gonna guess since the transformer bank you are referring to is (a) already in use due to the fuses in place and (b) only 300kVa (3-100's), that these chargers will receive power from a new and much larger service. If Guacahummus can find some drawings we can certainly tell if its a pad or pole mount service.

But I do agree, pole mounted services do come online rather quickly...unless we bring up the Humble SC next to IAH airport in Houston which has been sitting for weeks waiting for the service to be connected to the overheads.
Shoot, you're right. Google photos shows that bank of xfmrs has been there since 2016. I wonder is CPS is the hold-up on the slow SA installs. It's probably a combination of things, but CPS is a common trait among these. Natalia was built and commissioned pretty quick but it happens to be in the Medina Electric co-op. This Converse site is in CPS. The clock has started, so we'll see.

What I saw was the two "boxes" are are sitting just to the north end between the row of chargers and the McDonalds drive through lane. I am not smart enough to know if those are transformers or not. Sorry.
The white boxes are Tesla V3 cabinets. Transformers are even wider dark green boxes and there is usually only one. It would be near those white boxes, maybe be just behind. There is usually a concrete pad poured for it.

Last edited: