Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salt Lake City, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm...according to Google street view that is an old used car lot along with what appears to be more car lots all around it. Why would Tesla put it there and not by any amenities whatsoever? Is this location confirmed?

Hmm...according to Google street view that is an old used car lot along with what appears to be more car lots all around it. Why would Tesla put it there and not by any amenities whatsoever? Is this location confirmed?

Yes, its confirmed. "Utah Auto Gallery" Is now a Tesla showroom and service center opening in a couple of weeks. The Supercharger is located in the parking lot.

This area is already experiencing tremendous growth and will have a lot of great places around it soon. There is a burger place called Astro Burger just NorthEast and a Taco Bell just north of that. So there is something.

Oh! Oh! I want to get in on this thread!

I drove down there Sunday and took some pictures:

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1746.jpg
    IMG_1746.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 623
Work on the SLC Supercharge station continues at a brisk pace.
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They also said that Tesla wants this one done by next Saturday. Not sure if they will make it or not. Anyhow it should be open soon.

IMG_0062.jpg

Thats funny. I went down today and was about to post photos. Pretty much exactly the same as yours.
Ha! Me too. I'm not shy here's some more
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
they have taken down & stacked the temporary fence out of the way. Fun stuff in the container. The heart of SLC gets a full 10 pack! The one w my wife's LEAF in the bg seems to show a non-lighted face for the Tesla logos. Perhaps another plate w the LEDs goes on first under the big plastic cover(?) The actual SuperChargers are over by the portapotty. The foreman said "come back tomorrow, we'll still be running the same rodeo". Exact quote :biggrin: I told him I REALLY appreciate their efforts.

Comments above were intended to be captions on the photos. Try to match 'em. ML

Regarding the "missing" LEDs to light the Tesla logo - I noticed that these pedestals also don't have the chrome-like appearance on the outsides of the posts that are not covered by the plastic shell. Maybe this is another rev that has white exposed posts and no backlighting for the logos.

Regarding the "missing" LEDs to light the Tesla logo - I noticed that these pedestals also don't have the chrome-like appearance on the outsides of the posts that are not covered by the plastic shell. Maybe this is another rev that has white exposed posts and no backlighting for the logos.

The LED light panel circuit boards screws into the 6 captive nuts that are shown, with the supply wire running through the grommet.
The chrome-like panels come with a protective white plastic film covering them that gets peeled off before installing the shell.
These are the same design that has been seen before.