Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salt Lake City superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in Salt Lake City for a few months and rely on supercharging. There are 3 locations, all within a few miles of each other. I was looking at my account and the price/kWh for charing in the three locations varies dramatically. The unit price at the new V3 charger on S 300W was
$0.32/kWh; at the service center supercharger it was $0.21/kWh; and at the old superchargers at the delivery center $0.42/kWh. Is that because of the time of day I charged, the state of charge, how long I charged, the version of the superchargers, or some other variable? How can I determine what unit prices are, and if and how they vary.

It will tell you in the car if you look on the navigation screen. As I remember the price goes down after 7PM.
I know what the unit price is of each time I charge. But is there a way to determine before charging what the price will be? Also, is it really possible that the prices per kWh varies so much for different charges a mile apart?

I know what the unit price is of each time I charge. But is there a way to determine before charging what the price will be? Also, is it really possible that the prices per kWh varies so much for different charges a mile apart?
Yes, if you tap the locator pin on the Navigation screen it will bring up the fee schedule for charging at that location.

The reason the State street store costs more is that is the one that always gets overloaded. Tesla is trying to get you to use the other locations.

IMG_0853.jpeg