Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, CA - Pierce Street (LIVE May 30 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, they were working on the cabinets. It may open anytime soon!
P.S. Security is ensuring social distancing is adhered.

IMG_0993.jpeg

I have been continuing to check, and so far nothing. I was able to find the Richmond permits, and it doesn't appear to be signed off yet, so we may be waiting a bit longer. eTRAKiT

BTW, one more little clue to the name — Cities with only one charger are listed as "City, ST", (See Alameda) but when there's more than one they're listed as "City, ST - Street". The Richmond charger is now listed as "Richmond, CA - Meeker Avenue", which circumstantially implies there's going to be another one listed in Richmond. If I were them, I'd make an urban charger somewhere downtown, probably in a garage. I can't think of many other places that have enough spare parking, except maybe that big lot on 4th street.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I have been continuing to check, and so far nothing. I was able to find the Richmond permits, and it doesn't appear to be signed off yet, so we may be waiting a bit longer. eTRAKiT

BTW, one more little clue to the name — Cities with only one charger are listed as "City, ST", (See Alameda) but when there's more than one they're listed as "City, ST - Street". The Richmond charger is now listed as "Richmond, CA - Meeker Avenue", which circumstantially implies there's going to be another one listed in Richmond. If I were them, I'd make an urban charger somewhere downtown, probably in a garage. I can't think of many other places that have enough spare parking, except maybe that big lot on 4th street.

I probably wouldn't read too much into the naming. Tesla isn't real consistent on this point.

Bruce.

Rumors say this station is powered! Lights are on and fan is moving. Waiting for my friend Randy to test out and see if it activates to confirm.

View attachment 546281
View attachment 546282
HA. I was just coming here to say that a friend texted me that when he was at 99 Ranch yesterday evening he saw some Tesla techs working on the cabinets. So I was going to suggest someone swing by to see if they got powered up.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I think we need to wait and see what Tesla put it under?! Probably “Pacific East Mall“?!
Most superchargers opened in the last two years have been named after the postal city, using either the street name or shopping center name to disambiguate if needed, so it seems very likely to be either Richmond, CA - Pierce St or Richmond, CA - Pacific East Mall.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart