Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got our pastries at Charlie's Spic & Span Bakery & Café and then supercharged here. No problem.
IMG_20190426_095349.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
It appears that this site is about to get an upgrade through NEVI funding:

They plan is to have the site upgraded in of June, 2025:
  • Keep the existing utility infrastructure which provides the site with 774kW of power
  • Rip out the existing 6 post V2 Supercharger installation.
  • Install a new site with V3 chargers and 8 V4 posts.
  • 5 posts will be NEVI funded while 3 posts will not be NEVI funded
That means if you plug into one of the non-NEVI posts, when the site is empty, you will get up to 250kW. But if 5 other cars arrive and plug in to the NEVI posts and need to charge at 150kW or more, you will get dropped down to 24kW. Another 2 cars arrive and connect to the non-NEVI posts, and all three of them are now at 8kW. The first car on the NEVI posts departs, the non-NEVI ports jump to 58kW each, but then another car arrives and plugs into the vacant NEVI port, so the non-NEVI ports drop back down to 8kW each.

Yes, that is probably a very rare situation, especially with the current vehicles on the road, but I think it will become more common over time.

It will be interesting to see how, if, they label the NEVI funded posts.

It appears that this site is about to get an upgrade through NEVI funding:

They plan is to have the site upgraded in of June, 2025:
  • Keep the existing utility infrastructure which provides the site with 774kW of power
  • Rip out the existing 6 post V2 Supercharger installation.
  • Install a new site with V3 chargers and 8 V4 posts.
  • 5 posts will be NEVI funded while 3 posts will not be NEVI funded

Tesla also won a NEVI bid for Wagon Mound, NM.
They might want to get that built first, so they can temporarily close Las Vegas, NM and change it in place without much disruption for travel.
Otherwise they might need a temporary installation.

From\ToSanta FeLas VegasWagon MoundTrinidad, COClayton
Santa Fe-71.9111.6195.3219.4
Las Vegas.-40.5124.2148.3
Wagon Mound..-84108.1

Based on the other info posted on X, it appears that Tesla might build another supercharger site in downtown Las Vegas in 2024. Then, an “outage” in 2025 to upgrade the current V2 Comfort Inn site wouldn’t really matter that much.
I am not even sure how that current Comfort Inn motel stays in business; I rarely see more than 2 cars in the parking lot.

Based on the other info posted on X, it appears that Tesla might build another supercharger site in downtown Las Vegas in 2024. Then, an “outage” in 2025 to upgrade the current V2 Comfort Inn site wouldn’t really matter that much.
I am not even sure how that current Comfort Inn motel stays in business; I rarely see more than 2 cars in the parking lot.

Maybe they rent rooms by the hour?

• Funny
Reactions: nwdiver
Yeah, I think it's likely Tesla will build a new V4 this year without NEVI funding at 605 Mills Ave, next to the Super Save grocery store and Starbucks.