Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lafayette, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I65 and Indiana SR26. East of the interstate.
Thanks for the info!

Indy will have a superchager before Lafayette. Should be completed by end of summer. Near intersection of I-70/I465.
The Cranberry construction crew is doing the Indy one. They said it was in a mall parking garage. Keystone Mall? I'll ping them for details.
Any new info on the Indianapolis SC location or ETA? East or west side of town? (There are two I-70/I-465 interchanges)

Construction on the Lafayette SuperCharger looks to be a little ahead of the Indy SC station pictures posted on 9/5. The station is located in the corner of the Meijer parking lot at the I-65/IN-26 exit (Google Maps.) I went by this evening and it looks like they started mounting the actual charging equipment today. I'll try to get some pictures of progress tomorrow but the crew there has been working till sundown or later every day this week and I don't want to intrude.

Construction on the Lafayette SuperCharger looks to be a little ahead of the Indy SC station pictures posted on 9/5. The station is located in the corner of the Meijer parking lot at the I-65/IN-26 exit (Google Maps.) I went by this evening and it looks like they started mounting the actual charging equipment today. I'll try to get some pictures of progress tomorrow but the crew there has been working till sundown or later every day this week and I don't want to intrude.

How exciting! I might be able to take my MS 60 down to Indy for Thanksgiving this year! Is it possible to post pics of the progress?

Whooopeee! Now, if they can add Louisville, Nashville and Atlanta, one of the most direct routes from the Midwest to FLorida will be complete.

First Picture, IN26 is straight ahead and I65 off to the left:
IMG_20140919_191414.jpg

Second Picture, reverse angle the Meijer store is off to the left.
IMG_20140919_191448.jpg

Third Picture, all of the equipment on site:

IMG_20140919_191501.jpg

Update on the Lafayette SC station, went by there again last night and they have made substantial progress this week. All of the equipment cabinets are mounted (not sure if they have been wired yet) and most of the concrete has been finished. They have all of the charging ports installed with the Tesla "covers" on most of the vertical posts now. They were working past sundown last night and it really looked they are working as fast as they can to complete. If all of the cabinet wiring was done as the equipment was installed then it's possible they could be done in the next couple of days.

I'll try to update with another round of pictures on Saturday.

Update on the Lafayette SC station, went by there again last night and they have made substantial progress this week. All of the equipment cabinets are mounted (not sure if they have been wired yet) and most of the concrete has been finished. They have all of the charging ports installed with the Tesla "covers" on most of the vertical posts now. They were working past sundown last night and it really looked they are working as fast as they can to complete. If all of the cabinet wiring was done as the equipment was installed then it's possible they could be done in the next couple of days.

I'll try to update with another round of pictures on Saturday.

Thanks for all the updates! I appreciate the pics :)

Update on Lafayette SC Station, sorry I was in a hurry so only got one decent picture. All eight of the charger "posts" are installed, the last two at the end of the picture don't have the charger handles installed yet so they have at least that to finish. Looks like there is some fencing to be installed around the electrical cabinets and there are two ground level connections for what appear to be post lights (in between chargers 2/3 and 7/8) that have to be installed as well. The paving and landscaping appear to be done as well. I'll get another update in a few days to see how things have progressed.

IMG_20140927_184800.jpg

Update on Lafayette SC Station, sorry I was in a hurry so only got one decent picture. All eight of the charger "posts" are installed, the last two at the end of the picture don't have the charger handles installed yet so they have at least that to finish. Looks like there is some fencing to be installed around the electrical cabinets and there are two ground level connections for what appear to be post lights (in between chargers 2/3 and 7/8) that have to be installed as well. The paving and landscaping appear to be done as well. I'll get another update in a few days to see how things have progressed.

Beautiful sunset picture, thanks, but the standard question is "where is the Utility Transformer?"

For other superchargers that have opened, it sounds like they are sometimes energized before they even appear on the supercharger map on teslamotors.com/supercharger. A more up-to-date version of the supercharging map is on Superchargers. Once you know the site is energized, you can email [email protected] to let them know and the map will be updated! I emailed them about the lafayette location once pentacat posted the construction pics and they added the icon the next day. The teslamotors.com/supercharge map doesn't even show the lafayette location on the "coming soon" map.