Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Holland, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Crew Dragon

Ordered 5/20: MYLR 5-seat W/W No FSD, 19”, no tow
Jun 17, 2021
Toledo, Ohio
Moderator note: The first three posts in this thread were moved from the thread discussing the Sylvania, OH Supercharger.

I contacted Lucas County building officials (David Golis, Chief Building Official, Lucas County Building Regulations). He said that a permit has not been filed, but they have had information submitted. As you can see, this site requires approvals from multiple jurisdictions for various aspects (zoning from Springfield Twp, building and electrical from Lucas County, and a fire review from Holland!).
Per the sketch that Tesla provided to them, the proposed site will have 12-L3 stalls AND 20-L2 stalls!!

1691767039313.png

1691766918064.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk
I contacted Lucas County building officials (David Golis, Chief Building Official, Lucas County Building Regulations). He said that a permit has not been filed, but they have had information submitted. As you can see, this site requires approvals from multiple jurisdictions for various aspects (zoning from Springfield Twp, building and electrical from Lucas County, and a fire review from Holland!).
Per the sketch that Tesla provided to them, the proposed site will have 12-L3 stalls AND 20-L2 stalls!!

View attachment 964005
View attachment 964004
Thanks, but this is a complete separate location from the one being discussed in this thread. I'm going to submit a request to have your post moved to its own thread discussing a new Supercharger location in Holland, OH. Nice find!

Sorry for screwing up the addresses! Now I'm even more confused! Why would they even consider building yet another SC only 5 miles from the Meijers that this thread is about. Maybe it would be in lieu of this Meijer site?

Sorry for screwing up the addresses! Now I'm even more confused! Why would they even consider building yet another SC only 5 miles from the Meijers that this thread is about. Maybe it would be in lieu of this Meijer site?
It's possible that Tesla is researching two different Meijer sites and will choose the best location. It's also possible that they'll build both. The Toledo area is currently underserved, and there will be a lot more charging business next year when other EVs gain access to the network.

Reactions: JamesEarl15
It's possible that Tesla is researching two different Meijer sites and will choose the best location. It's also possible that they'll build both. The Toledo area is currently underserved, and there will be a lot more charging business next year when other EVs gain access to the network.
Any thoughts on why they would propose having 20 L2 charging stations at this location? I don't remember seeing that kind of thing at other SCs, unless it is at a destination (parking garage, major mall, etc.) where you would normally leave a car for hours at a time. This parking lot is outside of a Guitar Center. While it is close to a number of fast food places, this shopping area has nothing that would keep people's attention for the entire afternoon. There are no hotels or apartments within a short walk where they would benefit from overnight charging.
Maybe they are just placeholders for future L3 expansion?

This one is literally 2 exits south of the one in Sylvania. This one is off of airport highway by a shopping plaza and a lot of restaurants around. Pretty weird they would have one here or submit one if there is one 2 exits north but I guess the more the better.

Oops, I thought this site was also a Meijer, but I see that it's not.

This looks like a pretty great shopping center for L2, in my opinion. While this is primarily outside of the Guitar Center, the parking lot serves the entire site, with stores including several restaurants, Ashley's Furniture, HomeGoods, Michael's, Big Lots, TJ Maxx, Dollar Tree and even a swimming school. If you wanted to get some shopping done, you could easily spend several hours. These L2 units could also serve as workplace charging for the large number of people who work here. Tesla has similar L2 setups in large retail centers in California and Florida, so this isn't unique.