Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress....

Just drove by, it looks like they just need the transformer and to pull the power lines. the street and parking lot is patched trenches covered and the street is open again, the only fence is around the chargers, they have also built the inclosure around the tesla power boxes. It is probably a 1 or 2 day job to finish once the city delivers the transformer....

Very good.

Maybe this is the crew from St. George? Seeing how that just finished yesterday or the day before, it seems Cabazon is the next priority. Purely speculating tho...

I thought so too till recently. From conversations have had with the teams doing the install, it looks like Tesla is using contractors for the Supercharger installs. So it all depends upon who had the best bid for each location.

I thought so too till recently. From conversations have had with the teams doing the install, it looks like Tesla is using contractors for the Supercharger installs. So it all depends upon who had the best bid for each location.

Yes, that's been pretty common knowledge that they use contractors. They've still been using many of the same crews. It benefits them to have people who know the process as it makes things (generally) go faster.

Any locals!!? Please post a few photo updates so we can see what little progress has been made recently, even if not much!! Focus on the Utility run from the source of power to the utility transformer/pad >> on to the distribution cabinets & superchargers, out to the supercharging pedestals themselves..... and others from a distance....... of the site in general. Thank you! Photos really show us what words do not.

Last edited:
DSCF3640.jpg

Just practicing posting pictures. I took there pictures a couple of weeks ago of my car. What you guys think of the pictures.
barstow.jpg

I don't know why but it doesn't let me post the new pictures I took today of Indio. I can email them to some one if the want to post them. :cursing:
Probably because you only have 4 posts total. Not sure what the number is, but I think you have to have a certain number of posts before the board software lets you start uploading attachments.

Love the black-and-white pic with the red Tesla signs. Nice!

Note post 225. page 23

There was a time when I thought the Utility Transformer was going to be at the other end of the parking lot[to the north}. That location never really made sense to me:confused:. The pad at the north end must surely be for something else.

I'm much more methodical when I go to Supercharging sites {or view them in photos} than I was even a few months ago. Once I can see the pad where the Distribution Cabinets and Superchargers are going to be placed, I follow the conduit leads to the supercharging pedestals just to see where we will be parking to supercharge. After that, I begin to backtrack to where the Utility Transformer will be placed and back further to identify where the utility transformer's source of power is located. Then I take photos to share on TMC. Note some photos of Cordes Junction AZ and Gila Bend AZ sites.

Soooo thanks for getting some fresh photos of this site for us.

No problem. I am a little new to this site. I mostly been on Teslamotors website. I've Been keeping Up with blue shifts supercharger page for about a 7 months. I've had my car for almost a year now and I will never go back. Ever since I bought the car it has changed me so much. especially after watching who killed the electric car documentary. Not a lot of people know about tesla where I live. About 50% those people still think you put gas in it, takes to long to charge, or too expensive. They just don't get it yet. I have recently decided to run for Fontana city Council. I been inspired to push my city in direction of solar and wind power. I will let you all know how that goes, wish me luck. Tesla Owners of the Inland Empire club should be at Indio supercharger the Sunday after it opens. We just been waiting for it to open to suggest our next meeting.