Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm here today. not much has changed from the looks of the construction. things are still wrapped up and not in use.

we had to wait about 20 minutes to get to a charger. car originally estimated we'd have to charge for 15 minutes but ones l once we actually plugged in we're only getting 75kw and it jumped to a 35 min charge time. this has been normal here for over a year now. i wonder how much longer until these new ones are open. it's going to alleviate so much congestion here.

I'm here today. not much has changed from the looks of the construction. things are still wrapped up and not in use.

we had to wait about 20 minutes to get to a charger. car originally estimated we'd have to charge for 15 minutes but ones l once we actually plugged in we're only getting 75kw and it jumped to a 35 min charge time. this has been normal here for over a year now. i wonder how much longer until these new ones are open. it's going to alleviate so much congestion here.
Would be interesting to know if the utility has installed a transformer for the new stalls yet. From my last post on 2/24/23, picture #4 vaguely identifies what looks like an empty transformer pad. Let us know if you see one please as this is most likely the next bottleneck prior to activation.

Which map?

Supercharge.info only marks a site under construction if it's new construction. Expansions simply get the stall count and maximum power numbers updated when the expansion goes live, without being marked as under construction.
Would be nice to have a second marker to indicate this in my opinion - delete the second marker when the expansion is finished?

Really looking forward to this expansion. Unfortunately still waiting on the utility transformer here.

Attachments

• 20230401_212320.jpg
    20230401_212320.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: Guacahummus
It’s hot here in the desert southwest, extremely sizzling during the summer, blazingly hot as lava. Clear sky’s most days. Solar energy is abundant. I can’t figure out WFTLOM why many desert SW superchargers are not covered with solar canopy’s. Dateland AZ has done it right, solar canopies cover the supercharging stalls capturing the suns energy while also providing much needed shade. Think Quartzsite, Indio, Tacna, Gila Bend, El Centro, Buckeye, Tucson, Willcox, El Paso…… many, many more. I think it’s great to see the deployment of new supercharging locations here in the southwest. I just prefer that they all have solar canopy’s. It seems to make sense to supercharge a cooler, sun shaded vehicle and a sun shaded driver. Magic docks will be everywhere soon and charging locations will be full 24/7/365. The tsunami of electric vehicles is coming! Solar canopy’s need to be here already with SW desert locations, not as an afterthought!

Would be interesting to know if the utility has installed a transformer for the new stalls yet. From my last post on 2/24/23, picture #4 vaguely identifies what looks like an empty transformer pad. Let us know if you see one please as this is most likely the next bottleneck prior to activation.
as of last week they had 4 of the new ones no longer wrapped up... but they weren't functional. a few people tried them, while others were waiting in a super long line, but no luck charging their cars.

as of last week they had 4 of the new ones no longer wrapped up... but they weren't functional. a few people tried them, while others were waiting in a super long line, but no luck charging their cars.
No transformer on that pad as of this morning.
They did bring in two portable trailers with eight supercharger on each.
They are still wrapped up but have been wired into external power.

Reactions: sbarcus
it's finally open!! they're are still 4 stalls that are not operational, but Coachella started today. They also brought out 2 trailers of chargers for the event and put them to the south of the original charging stalls. they have a Loot Box Pop Up event today and are giving away free t-shirts. I'm so happy they're all finally open! No more 45-60 min charge times. We're done in 14 mins today!

Attachments

• 16815066615834607314129859937482.jpg
    16815066615834607314129859937482.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 139
Last time i was down here needing charging was early Dec 2022, there were 10 stalls, 2 out and all full. Nice to see this plus the new La Quinta locations up and running, will make charging down this way MUCH easier. And make east to west or west to east commutes on the 10 much more predictable.