Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my knowledge there IS NOT GOING TO BE A SUPERCHARGER IN CABAZON CA.

If anyone has documented or photographic evidence to the contrary please post the confirmation.

The TM Supercharger page has a coming soon dot in the vicinity of Cabazon in addition to Indio, which was not there before the coming soon dots were updated this month. The Desert Hills Premium Outlets previously expressed interest in getting a supercharger station.

To my knowledge there IS NOT GOING TO BE A SUPERCHARGER IN CABAZON CA.

If anyone has documented or photographic evidence to the contrary please post the confirmation.

thanks for your very emphatic statement. Can you please explain, using your theory, where the two superchargers west of Indio on the TM website under "coming soon" going to be located

Thanks emupilot....... I had not checked the Tesla website in a long time! It sure looks like some are dotted to go in near, or possibly in Cabazon! That will be great! The sooner the better. I wish I had some info to report, but no. ...and yes.. to having them under cover of the large parking lot structure. I drove through that entire parking lot structure a month or so ago and saw nothing... RATS!! ..... having the SCS's being undercover and out of the sun would be excellent!

I think you are right. One in Cabazon and the other dot is right at the Ontario airport vicinity.

IMG_1200.JPG
There has been some progress, as of 7-21-14, the asphalt has been patched and the transformer pad's concrete is complete. There are steel plates covering trenches leading away from the site that are about 1/3rd complete.

Woo Hoo
Now we can plan the LA trek from PHX.
Many in our AZ Tesla group are watching this closely....
Count me among them. My family has an October trip to Disney planned, so I needed it by then, and looks like that will not be an issue at all. We also were hoping for a SD trip in August. With El Centro not online any time soon, this is an option (albeit not a great one) to do it.

Woo Hoo

What's holding you back? We went through Indio a week ago and are now sitting at the Centralia Supercharger.

The service center in cathedral city has 3 HPWCs avail. Sure, it takes an extra 3 hours to get enough range added, but it didn't stop us from doing our big road trip.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Indio opens by the time we make out way back... We're going through 2 weeks from tomorrow...

Woo Hoo

I have driven from Los Angeles to Phoenix and back many times. With an 85 it's a bit of a stretch but it works. If you are worried, you can stop in Chiraco Summit or at many of the L2 chargers on the way. But if you keep the speed low it's doable without charging after Quartzsite. It's annoying to go slow for sure, but doable.

Count me among them. My family has an October trip to Disney planned, so I needed it by then, and looks like that will not be an issue at all. We also were hoping for a SD trip in August. With El Centro not online any time soon, this is an option (albeit not a great one) to do it.

Drop down to Glia Bend --> Yuma and then onto SD.

Any info on the Oxnard supercharger?! Not finding any. Anybody checking Oxnard?! Thanks.
:)

- - - Updated - - -

Could do quartzite to tesla store in cat city. Or la Quinta resort. Shaded parking there.

- - - Updated - - -

We will hear from Tesla when Oxnard and Indio open.

- - - Updated - - -

Desert Tesla Club. 760-617-7666. Palm Springs California area.

Indio SC site

I have driven from Los Angeles to Phoenix and back many times. With an 85 it's a bit of a stretch but it works. If you are worried, you can stop in Chiraco Summit or at many of the L2 chargers on the way. But if you keep the speed low it's doable without charging after Quartzsite. It's annoying to go slow for sure, but doable.

Does anyone know what is holding up the Indio site? I was by there on 15 July and no workers, gate locked during the workday !?!?