Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing something? Only 5 items on that agenda, none of which seem to have anything to do with Tesla. How would that be evidence that a lease has been signed?

Sorry buddy. I thought you were looking for "direct evidence" that the SC was not on the Township agenda (and that's what I shared!). Unfortunately I can't share any "direct evidence" that a lease was signed other than I know that a lease was signed! I have a meeting with one of the township planning commissioners next week about something else, I will let you know what I find out.

Hasnt the Harrisburg site already been determined as off of Rt83 ?

My impression was that nothing has been confirmed. However, even if someone has (or had) reliable information for a particular location, something could have happened to cause plans to change. For example, wasn't construction to start at one site near Allentown in 2014, but then last-minute objections from JC Penney canceled everything and it took another year and another location for that area to be served?

I have no inside information. Just an observation that there's a Bass Pro in Harrisburg and Bass Pro is a nation-wide Supercharging partner.

Folks over on TM are saying that the Supercharger Team indicated via email that the Harrisburg site is currently under construction. Anyone in the area that can check the current suspect sites?

Indications were that it was at Union Square, and apparently someone worked on it:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyrsten-sabina-1bb587ab

Profile On Linked In said:
Recent Tesla Supercharging Stations:
- Harrisburg, PA (Union Square)
- Lee, MA (Big Y)
- Plattsburgh, NY (Champlain Centre)

Of course, the interesting thing is that that profile suggests two extra locations for Superchargers. :O

Indications were that it was at Union Square, and apparently someone worked on it:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyrsten-sabina-1bb587ab

Looking at the profile, this is an architectural designer, so these could be design concepts created during a lease negotiation, which may or may not have concluded successfully. Tantalizing but not definitive.

The site in Lee, MA is puzzling since it is half way between the Springfield, MA and Albany, NY superchargers, which are less than 100 miles apart. Is this a heavily traveled corridor?

Looking at the profile, this is an architectural designer, so these could be design concepts created during a lease negotiation, which may or may not have concluded successfully. Tantalizing but not definitive.

That is true, but I thought it was an interesting find to see other sites named. :)

The site in Lee, MA is puzzling since it is half way between the Springfield, MA and Albany, NY superchargers, which are less than 100 miles apart. Is this a heavily traveled corridor?

It's on the Mass Pike, and based on my very limited experience at the Charlton entrance (albeit heading in the opposite direction) on a wet, cold Sunday in June 2015 (although heading eastbound) the Mass pike might be a bit busy.