Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jay, thanks for getting more details. I am planning a trip late next month through Denton, but it sounds like it won't quite be done by then.

I still don't see an Amarillo permit , but the system here only shares after approval. It's reassuring that Amarillo is still on the map. Let me know if you get any more intel on that one.

I have to give Denton a double thumbs up for transparency on their permitting processes.

It looks like a single reviewer is overdue on the permit (see screenshots) , so the permit isn't complete yet. One reviewer is prodding the laggard to get moving.

denton 7 1 2015.PNG

denton 7 1 2015 b.PNG

Sophie has completed her work today, and has signed off.

Looks like they are now waiting on "PENDING STORM WATER COMPLIANCE" .

You would think that , since this is parking in an existing parking lot, that they would be somehow grandfathered in for that.

They are making Tesla jump through all the hoops on what happens to the rain water from the 6 parking spaces.

"
Notice of Intent (NOI) to discharge stormwater must be submitted to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Submit a copy of NOI to Watershed Protection Department (DDC §3.18.5.A)."

Here in Texas we sometimes joke about insanity from the California Environmental Impact boards. We appear to have the same level of pickiness here. What is simply a repaving job needs to send a notice of intent to the Watershed Protection Dept.

Here in Texas we sometimes joke about insanity from the California Environmental Impact boards. We appear to have the same level of pickiness here. What is simply a repaving job needs to send a notice of intent to the Watershed Protection Dept.

Petty bureaucrats and politicians always want to make sure you know just how much power they have over you, so that you will be properly submissive.

The status of the building permit is showing "DENIED", but I am assuming that this is not exactly true, since here is an email that was sent to Tesla's site consultant.

The ball is now back in Tesla's court to get the final approval.

"From: Partin, Carl

Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:19 PM
To: 'Mansour, Andrea'
Cc: Hendrix, Matthew
Subject: 1506-0286 - Tesla Charging Station

Andrea,
The plans reviews for this project have been completed and all plan review items have been resolved. The files with the appropriate City of Denton stamp in ProjectDox have been placed within the “Approved Plans” and “Approved Supporting Docs” folders. The next step is to provide me with three (3) bound hard copies of the plans, consisting of the files located within these folders. After a brief cursory review (2-3 days), I will send notification that the permit has been approved for release and the permit fees due.

Keep in mind that the permit cannot be released, until these items are taken care of.
1. All contractors are registered with the City of Denton
2. Watershed Protection project approval obtained.

Sincerely, Carl

The next step is to provide me with three (3) bound hard copies of the plans, consisting of the files located within these folders.

Keep in mind that the permit cannot be released, until these items are taken care of.

Sincerely, Carl
I can't help hearing Carl's words in the voice of The Knights Who Say "Ni!" - as when asking for a shrubbery.

But I don't doubt that it's all normal procedure. I echo the sentiment of appreciation for the department's transparency.

I'm sure that the watershed part is just one of the boxes that are on every application and has to be ticked off. However, considering the rains we had in May, they may be trying to be extra careful. For example, this was the scene just a couple of miles from from the Denton SC site last month.

krum sonic.jpg

I'm sure that the watershed part is just one of the boxes that are on every application and has to be ticked off. However, considering the rains we had in May, they may be trying to be extra careful. For example, this was the scene just a couple of miles from there last month.

Hopefully they don't require Tesla to redo the entire parking lot on the grounds that the regulations have changed since the initial construction of the mall. (Similar to how ATT cancels your unlimited data access if you change any part of the service.)

Hopefully they don't require Tesla to redo the entire parking lot on the grounds that the regulations have changed since the initial construction of the mall. (Similar to how ATT cancels your unlimited data access if you change any part of the service.)

I'm sure it's pretty much of a non-issue in this case. They just have to be careful that any construction done on anything (not just SCs by Tesla) doesn't affect the existing drainage, such as building walls, digging pits that don't drain properly, installing anything including extra curbing that would block existing drainage, etc. Standard stuff they have to look at and sign off on.

"As falls Perry, so falls Pauls Valley"
- so the old saying almost goes :)

Ok then, let's drive out of the box and do Wichita Falls, and Childress.

When Amarillo comes online this makes a perfect short cut removing well over 100 miles (and 3+ supercharge stops) on the detour through Oklahoma to Amarillo and points west from, say, the Waco SC.

Typical permitting delays. The application IS approved, except for the Storm Water Prevention Plans. They need to file a plan, hang a sign at the location, and submit to Mathew Hendrix. He is aware how small the site is and there will be very little dirt moved. He said just file a basic plan, take a picture with a sign at the location, and send it to him. Then he can approve his section...
DentonStatus.jpg

Typical permitting delays. The application IS approved, except for the Storm Water Prevention Plans. They need to file a plan, hang a sign at the location, and submit to Mathew Hendrix. He is aware how small the site is and there will be very little dirt moved. He said just file a basic plan, take a picture with a sign at the location, and send it to him. Then he can approve his section...
View attachment 86780

Any updates since the last one.. Thanks for your help:smile: