Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Uvalde, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uvalde, TX

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Burger King
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-83, US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-83

To: Junction, TX (v2) - 103.1 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Childress, TX (v2) - 401.4 miles

US-90

To: San Antonio - Broadway, TX - 85.3 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Converse, TX - 95.2 miles (Permit)

Connects on US-83 from the Brownsville area all the way to Junction, making a non-Interstate route to Lubbock and Amarillo.

Also another recent blue cone on US-90 in Texas.

Checking in on this thread because we're going to Del Rio next April for the eclipse, followed by a few days in Austin. This location will be a huge help if it's open.

I'm curious where the 12 stalls on supercharge.info came from. The BK lot seems pretty small and the valuation in TDLR is $102K.

Checking in on this thread because we're going to Del Rio next April for the eclipse, followed by a few days in Austin. This location will be a huge help if it's open.

I'm curious where the 12 stalls on supercharge.info came from. The BK lot seems pretty small and the valuation in TDLR is $102K.
it was just a guess. They've been putting 12+ in many Texas sites

If we are so lucky, even 2 months could be enough. See how fast San Angelo, Carthage, and Henderson are.
I recently got an email from Tesla that said
Charging your Tesla on the go is easier than ever. Since July, we’ve opened 138 new Superchargers across Texas.

Really? I follow pretty carefully here and supercharge.info and 138 seems way high unless it’s July 2022 ha ha.

Oh, maybe they are counting the individual charging posts?

Why Del Rio for the eclipse? Why better than Austin for example?

I was born in Del Rio (Dad was Air Force - we were there 3 full months lol) but was probably doing Austin for the eclipse (and if I'm REALLY lucky, pick up my CyberTruck the same trip)

But now you have me wondering if I should consider Del Rio instead?

Why Del Rio for the eclipse? Why better than Austin for example?

I was born in Del Rio (Dad was Air Force - we were there 3 full months lol) but was probably doing Austin for the eclipse (and if I'm REALLY lucky, pick up my CyberTruck the same trip)

But now you have me wondering if I should consider Del Rio instead?

We found a pretty awesome AirBnB in Del Rio. We'll spend a few days there enjoying the massive pool with friends. We'll drive out to the path of totality for the eclipse, then return to the ranch. After that we'll go to Austin and explore downtown, the food scene, and enjoy a penthouse condo for a few days.

We were originally going to do Austin for the eclipse but the place we were really after ended up dropping off of the listings right before we were ready to commit. At this point, any rental properties or hotels are probably going to be quite expensive.

We found a pretty awesome AirBnB in Del Rio. We'll spend a few days there enjoying the massive pool with friends. We'll drive out to the path of totality for the eclipse, then return to the ranch. After that we'll go to Austin and explore downtown, the food scene, and enjoy a penthouse condo for a few days.

We were originally going to do Austin for the eclipse but the place we were really after ended up dropping off of the listings right before we were ready to commit. At this point, any rental properties or hotels are probably going to be quite expensive.
Good info. True on the booking part... and I'm a terrible planner. Usually decide the last second so I'll probably be car-camping lol