Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranberry, PA (NW of Pittsburgh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And a pic...

e5amujuv.jpg

Wait, after all the snow you guys got it's gone?

Snow all melted in one day of warm rain, just yesterday. Fifty-something degrees today!

- - - Updated - - -

That's great! Thanks for the update Jake. I wonder what was the reason they took so long to start on this one, though? They were supposed to go here right after they finished Somerset, I thought.

Actually I forgot to mention the reason: the Residence Inn changed ownership, and the lease terms had to be renegotiated or something along those lines. The foreman also mentioned that they were back in Somerset last week to install a light pole that arrived a few weeks late, and the spots were not being plowed by the lease owner, or at least half of the spots were not (I think he said the spots on the Wendy's side of the concrete divider had been plowed). He notified Tesla and encouraged them to enforce or augment the lease to ensure the stalls were plowed regularly.

Construction begins Tuesday! Talked to the foreman who was unloading equipment today. Digging starts Tuesday, concrete will be done the Monday after.

Thank you for the update! Hmmm....concrete the following Monday. Typically, how long after that stage until the charger is live? I'm thinking that my trip south will miss out on this stop (which makes things tricky), but will be ready by the time I return! (Through Cranberry on March 7, Return March 15th).

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop!

Funny - I was sending you a PM when you updated this thread!

I thought I'd hang out in Buffalo for a full charge before heading down the Cranberry, though I'm just in the beginning stages of planning. Thanks for the offer - just PM'd you about charging options in your area! I'll shore up my travel schedule and connect with you soon.

They told us previously it was three weeks to completion. I am on Plugshare with a 100A HPWC that you are welcome to use. Where are you planning to charge between Toronto and Cranberry?

Hey guys I too was thinking of making this trip from Toronto for March break I noticed there's a level III charger on plugshare right in the same area where teslas superchargers are going in I have heard in the past it only takes them two weeks to complete also heard sometimes it's open before it's officially open
I have sent a e-mail off supercharged team today wondering if it be ready for March 7 unofficially maybe even? have also ask them if it would be possible to get a beta version sent to Toronto for the level III adapter for the week I know it's a longshot but who knows maybe
my plans are to top off in Niagara Falls before crossing the border they have 90 amp chargers there and then cross I think the distances is 220 miles to the level III charger North of Pittsburgh I am a little worried if I will have enough to get there given temperature highway speed Comfort so on so if it is possible to charge at your house @jakeP on the Friday March 7 in the afternoon I would appreciate it I'm hoping it would just be for an hour if somehow I can access one of those level III chargers either through plugshare or even better tesla supercharger of course plugshare only works if I can get that adapter
@mcfadyena I will let you know what the e-mail says I also contacted Tesla Toronto and ask Kevin to inquire for me about the adapter not sure what time you planning on leaving but maybe it could work for both of us here's hoping

Alternative route: Niagara Falls to Pittsburgh: detour through the Macedonia OH SC, with possible boosts at the Erie KOA and or a level II station on the east side of Cleveland. Drive the 110 miles to Pittsburgh and you'll have lots of charge to play with. This might make more sense if you can't get level III (or SC) in Cranberry. If you're stuck w/ 30A charging, the detour might save you time.

Here are some notes from the reverse direction:

Well, I made it to Niagara Falls......Barely.

Last edited:
That Level 3 charger is a ChaDEmo, you won't have an adapter for it. Come charge at my place to get enough juice to get to Somerset. If you have twin chargers, that will be under two hours, even if you arrive empty (which you probably will, coming from Buffalo).

Cleveland detour doesn't help much, and is quite out of the way. Overall time would be shorter charging at my place. We need to coordinate if more than one of you is charging March 7...let's do one in the AM, one in the afternoon.

No way Cranberry will be done by March 7, we checked yesterday AM and they had yet to start the digging.

Thanks for the offers guys that's really generous of you truth is I'm still not sure if we are going this is a bit of a pipe dream
I haven't even arranged A place to stay in Orlando that's looking more challenging by the minute we have a timeshare at Disney World but I didn't bother Book it because of the uncertainty of the supercharged network being in place

I'm just so tired of this winter I haven't given up hope yet though spoke with team supercharge they said it was true that they broke ground but usually it takes three weeks they didn't think it would be ready by March 7 they said they weren't able to help with the adopter but I should keep trying Toronto for help with that I haven't heard from them yet

@JakeP I to have a 90 A charger it charges at basically 100 KM an hour so I'm thinking if I arrived empty at your house to do a full charge would take four hours or more correct me if I'm wrong so if I left from your house fully charged you think I could make it to the next supercharge station? I will take a look at that soon
I notice you have jump seats in your car I to have them we have three kids ages two five and seven all boys just curious if your kids would be home ?to help keep them entertained

Last edited: