Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC - Forest Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Facebook, V4's going in. My sleuthing shows this is where they are based on Google street view. No word yet on amount of stalls, but that parking area has 12 spots.

4711 Forest Drive, Columbia, SC 29206

More specifically at 34.021260, -80.969158

@Guacahummus

1697476936838.png

1697476930063.png

1697477078378.png

It's a mile or so from I-77 exit. Can also service downtown folks.

3.4 miles, 12:40 diversion. Not great But that's not the first Lowe's Foods, so maybe it was an easy deal.

I think they may indeed have been thinking about serving downtown apartment dwellers.

Cayce as at the start of I-77, and it seems they'll have Richburg, SC on I-77 as well that's 66 miles away, plus the V2 Columbia, SC location so I-77 should be fine.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
3.4 miles, 12:40 diversion. Not great But that's not the first Lowe's Foods, so maybe it was an easy deal.
It's not that bad; you've seen far worse 🙃

I think they may indeed have been thinking about serving downtown apartment dwellers.
Maybe but so many smaller cities don't have downtown superchargers. It's really large cities that get them generally, like CLT or ATL.

Cayce as at the start of I-77, and it seems they'll have Richburg, SC on I-77 as well that's 66 miles away, plus the V2 Columbia, SC location so I-77 should be fine.
Yeah SC interstates are doing great with Superchargers now. People are still clamoring for one at the I-26/I-385 split though.

Reactions: jsight
I'd love to have one around Newberry and on the other end of I-26, I'd love to see one at the truck stop at exit 194. The Charleston chargers are usually jam packed with local apartment dwellers. It would be nice to stop at 194 for a touchup on your way into town.
Yeah, it'd be nice to have one around there. If you are staying in Summerville, the existing two aren't necessarily nearby. And Orangeburg is a little bit far away for a last stop while going into town.

If you have a CCS adapter, the Mcelveen in Summerville is decent. Only ~80 KW, though.

Columbia - Forest Dr, SC

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Lowes Foods
Along Primary Interstates: I-77
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-21, US-76, US-176, US-321
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-77

To: Columbia, SC (v2) - 9.3 miles
Diversion: 3.4 miles
To: Richburg, SC - 54.5 miles (Permit)

US-1

To: Columbia, SC (v2) - 13 miles
Diversion: 5.8 miles
To: Columbia - Town Center Place, SC - 15.1 miles

US-21

To: Columbia, SC (v2) - 15.7 miles
Diversion: 9.2 miles
To: Fort Mill - Carolina Pl, SC - 82.5 miles (Construction)

US-76

To: Florence, SC (v2) - 83.4 miles
Diversion: 6.5 miles
To: Leland, NC - 195.6 miles

US-176

To: Cayce, SC - 12.5 miles
Diversion: 9.1 miles
To: End (US-52 Goose Creek, SC) - 103.2 miles

US-321

To: Gastonia, NC - 105.4 miles
Diversion: 9.2 miles
To: Hickory - NC-127, NC - 135.8 miles

I-77. Also vaguely on a bunch of US Numbered Highway, but not close to any of them and maybe helping to serve anybody downtown or at Fort Jackson.
Or maybe Tesla just went the easy route and got a location at Lowes Foods.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have one around there. If you are staying in Summerville, the existing two aren't necessarily nearby. And Orangeburg is a little bit far away for a last stop while going into town.

If you have a CCS adapter, the Mcelveen in Summerville is decent. Only ~80 KW, though.
yeah we come from Sumter... so the last stop for us is santee. BTW, my sis just opened a pizza place across from the Summerton charger. It's across the highway from stuckys.

I hope this site opens spins and they plan on installing a charger along 378. I commute to Sumter for work and more and more EVs come n my commute every month.
the local electric company in Sumter (Black River) co-opted all the HPWCs at a local hotel. Granted they have put EVSEs in places they weren't before but they also took away freebies that were existing. I don't mind paying to charge at all, but they are charging 40c / kwh and all the chargers in town are the same price. It's a higher cost than supercharging.

Hey if you ever get stranded, I'm on plugshare midway between Sumter and Bishopville. Bring dog treats.