Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read thought the June 16th planning board minutes. Tesla's amended their site plan from 6 stations to 8, all back-in style. I found it interesting that back-in is preferred in regions with snow, as they make plowing much easier. Pretty obvious in hindsight.

No indications on timeline from what I could tell, but the amendment was approved so that's good. Perhaps after West Leb is open, this could be next?

Just read thought the June 16th planning board minutes. Tesla's amended their site plan from 6 stations to 8, all back-in style. I found it interesting that back-in is preferred in regions with snow, as they make plowing much easier. Pretty obvious in hindsight.

No indications on timeline from what I could tell, but the amendment was approved so that's good. Perhaps after West Leb is open, this could be next?

Yeah, would make sense that the West Leb team will be the one that will work at the S. Burlington SC...

Hopefully, after S. Burlington it'll be Plattsburgh next...

I live just down the road from this South Burlington site. The location is a good one. It's an organic supermarket called Healthy Living — like a Whole Foods, but with a greater focus on Vermont products. It features a terrific café with many healthy food options. There's a Trader Joe's across the street, and University Mall is within walking distance. The location is about 1/2 mile south of the I-89 Exit 14 interchange.

The owners of Healthy Living have been EV proponents since the store was built. They've offered free level 2 charging for several years, offset by solar. I helped facilitate the connection with Tesla's Supercharger Team. Tesla considered two other South Burlington sites as well.

I look forward to meeting many of the Tesla Quebec community at this new Supercharger. This location, combined with the Supercharger at Hooksett NH will make Boston trips a piece of cake for Montrealers, even in winter. Likewise, Tesla owners in the Boston region will be able to visit Burlington with no hassles.

Incidentally, there is a new boutique hotel in downtown Burlington called Hotel Vermont. Come up (or down) and check out this entertaining little city.

I will (probably) be travelling up to Burlington in about 2 weeks. Does anyone know if the chademos in the area are compatible with Tesla's adapter? Looks like there are 4, but plugshare's reviews are mixed and I've run into a few down in PA that work, but not with Teslas.

I will (probably) be travelling up to Burlington in about 2 weeks. Does anyone know if the chademos in the area are compatible with Tesla's adapter? Looks like there are 4, but plugshare's reviews are mixed and I've run into a few down in PA that work, but not with Teslas.

Yes, they are compatible, but you will probably only get 30kW out of them — one quarter the speed of a Supercharger. On your way up, I suggest doing a range charge in Albany. In Burlington, you'll find 4 Level 2 ChargePoints in the parking garage on lower Cherry Street, next to Hotel Vermont.

- - - Updated - - -

While the City of South Burlington has signed off on the Supercharger plans, according to the property owner another approval is still required. This could be a state utility board approval, I'm not sure. This will be Vermont's first Supercharger, so they probably want to make sure they get it right.

While the City of South Burlington has signed off on the Supercharger plans, according to the property owner another approval is still required. This could be a state utility board approval, I'm not sure. This will be Vermont's first Supercharger, so they probably want to make sure they get it right.

Vermont's second, after Brattleboro. If I'm not mistaken, Green Mountain Power services both areas. GMP was extremely efficient in completing their part of the Brattleboro installation, so at least there's that.

Yes, they are compatible, but you will probably only get 30kW out of them — one quarter the speed of a Supercharger. On your way up, I suggest doing a range charge in Albany. In Burlington, you'll find 4 Level 2 ChargePoints in the parking garage on lower Cherry Street, next to Hotel Vermont.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I do plan on charging to 95% or so in Albany. Should have a 40-50 mile buffer, but with two days of vampire losses and small trips around town, i will want to top up a bit before heading back. 30kw is 3x better than 10kw. :)

Anyone know if this site has broken ground yet?

I stopped at the location at 222 Dorset and looked at the site, based on an earliervling that was provided to the permit, i recognize the proposed location and can confirm that there is not sign of construction so far as of 8-16

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if this site has broken ground yet?

I stopped at the location at 222 Dorset and looked at the site, based on an earlier posting that provided the link to the permit, i recognize the proposed location and can confirm that there is not sign of construction so far as of 8-16