Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bennington, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a couple Tesla technicians working at the site now, and they have the covers off all of them so hopefully it will be up and running very soon
Given the site is still showing as closed on Tesla's nav/app, supercharge.info has marked as closed for now.... doesn't seem like the Tesla technicians onsite today were able to resolve the problem.

Thanks for the update! Aside from home charging, are there any reasonable alternatives in the area? The EVgo in Manchester seems like my only other option.
There are some Level 2 ChargePoint (6 kW I think) spots like at the Village Garage Distiller and there is a Level 3 charger by Flo by the town office. I think that is 100kW. Typical CCS however I stopped a year ago here and could not get the charger working with my Model 3 and the CCS adapter. I even tried talking with their support personnel.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
Interesting - the site has been marked closed for weeks, but wondered if it was possible the single supercharger (with 4 posts) was still operational
I did show up with a cold battery because I was only driving for 10 minutes when I showed up. I just did not have enough time for preconditioning to do much. Also I had about 55% so I never received more then about 98kW. That could be the site derated but I am betting it was my battery temp and %. Why Tesla does not mark it as open with 4 stalls working I can't say.

Reactions: Tdreamer
As of late today, Wed March 13th this site is now showing as 11/12 stalls available (vs. lightning bolt the past few days and closure before that). Will monitor the site status for a bit before marking the site as open in supercharge.info. Folks needing a charge here should use their car's navigation info to assess current status.

Progress it appears - finally.

The site went to a lightning bolt again after my last post. Late today it seems better again.
IMG_5033.jpeg

I’ve been here a few times now and can’t seem to go over 120kW. I’ve only used the first four stalls. It’s great having this, but it’s super slow for a 250kW. Yes, battery was optimized and heated for a half hour before arriving.

I’ve been here a few times now and can’t seem to go over 120kW. I’ve only used the first four stalls. It’s great having this, but it’s super slow for a 250kW. Yes, battery was optimized and heated for a half hour before arriving.
The site was up & down for an extended time before it finally appeared to stabilize as open. It's possible there are still issues with the equipment limiting output. I assume Tesla is well aware of this, and hopefully working on a solution. The team in the region was probably trying to what they could to get Bennington functional, and then had to dedicate a *lot* of time to the Rockland, ME v4 site to get it up before shifting focus to a bunch of other new sites built but not yet open in the region.

Has anyone made the drive from NJ (northern) to this SC since it’s been opened? Just wondering if you can make it end to end on a full-ish charge in a MYLR with 20” inductions during Winter / Ski season. It’s about 160 miles for me and I’m thinking I can pull it off if I can average under 350 wt/hr efficiency.

Has anyone made the drive from NJ (northern) to this SC since it’s been opened? Just wondering if you can make it end to end on a full-ish charge in a MYLR with 20” inductions during Winter / Ski season. It’s about 160 miles for me and I’m thinking I can pull it off if I can average under 350 wt/hr efficiency.
I live near Princeton and drive to my home in Sunderland VT often. I prefer a stop mid way so I often stop in New Paltz or Kingston to break up the trip. However a few days before the eclipse I went up to VT and of course the i87 superchargers were full. I did make it to Hudson NY charger with about 7% however I left NJ with 80%. This was in my LR Model Y. If it was warm and not too much win I think I could make Bennington. Depending where you are in North NJ I would bet you can. Not sure that helps.

I live near Princeton and drive to my home in Sunderland VT often. I prefer a stop mid way so I often stop in New Paltz or Kingston to break up the trip. However a few days before the eclipse I went up to VT and of course the i87 superchargers were full. I did make it to Hudson NY charger with about 7% however I left NJ with 80%. This was in my LR Model Y. If it was warm and not too much win I think I could make Bennington. Depending where you are in North NJ I would bet you can. Not sure that helps.

Yes, this does help quite a bit! I’m about 5 miles south of the NY state line on route 17 in NJ so from here to Bennington is about the same distance you described above, i.e. Princeton -> Hudson SC.

A few additional questions if you have the time:

- what size wheels are you rolling with?
- after stopping at the Hudson SC did you get back on 87 north or continue northbound on another route? This SC is something I’m considering for my routes, just don’t know if it’s a pain to get to, then return to the thruway.

It would be grand if the good people at Tesla would build a gigantic SC right off exit 23 on the thruway. There’s a Sonic and Dunkin blah blah blah and it would seem like a good waypoint for all things VT bound. I suppose dare to dream is the response I’ll be getting here ;)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback - very helpful indeed.

Yes, this does help quite a bit! I’m about 5 miles south of the NY state line on route 17 in NJ so from here to Bennington is about the same distance you described above, i.e. Princeton -> Hudson SC.

A few additional questions if you have the time:

- what size wheels are you rolling with? I have 20" Induction on my Y
- after stopping at the Hudson SC did you get back on 87 north or continue northbound on another route? This SC is something I’m considering for my routes, just don’t know if it’s a pain to get to, then return to the thruway. This is a good question. Perhaps it's just my brain but I hate back tracking. The fastest way to get to VT after leaving Hudson is to back track and honestly it is not a big deal. Maybe three miles of back tracking. I have gone up 66 thru Ghent to 22 and up to 7 in Hoosick which is indeed slower but kind of nice some times. Dealers choice.

It would be grand if the good people at Tesla would build a gigantic SC right off exit 23 on the thruway. There’s a Sonic and Dunkin blah blah blah and it would seem like a good waypoint for all things VT bound. I suppose dare to dream is the response I’ll be getting here ;)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback - very helpful indeed.