Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger and Service center: Houston, Texas @ Airtex Industrial Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen it asked yet -- is this (very nice looking) Service Center going to replace the (conveniently close to my office) Westchase location?

I just emailed Whitney and asked her that very question. Will let you know what response I get.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

And I've already gotten a response - the new Service Center will SUPPLEMENT the Westchase location NOT replace. Westchase will remain in operation to service west and south Houston.

Awesome.

Mike

I just saw the construction cone at Supercharge.info, so I cruised up there just now --- not on I-45 though. Gridlock construction traffic. Just for fun, I tried to charge my car. They are not powered yet.

However, the street address is 14820, not 14810. The number is on the upper left-hand side of the front of the building.

Attachments

• IMG_9575.JPG
    IMG_9575.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 508
Pro tip: Always enter the Westchase parking lot at the north end of the building, not the entrance in front of the Tesla logo. No mountain climbing or suspension raising required.

Early 2014 P85 and not especially interested in autopilot, ACC, or MIL speed limit alerts -- but my interest picks up for a sensor suite that can do some quick trigonometry and automagically raise the suspension fast enough to avoid unnecessary battery polishing!

LOL! Thanks I always need a good laugh.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Checked it out today. There were a few workers there, and it looks like the Gallery part is getting close. SC's look ready but not live yet, as expected.

And speaking of the possiblity of a scrape at Westchase, I scraped the front bumper on the high curb in front of the Gallery door. I had an Audi that had a problem with this, but have managed to avoid it for 2 years in my S85. Pretty ironic that it happened at a Tesla location. I assume that they will put in additional bumpers there to prevent this once it is actually open.

Go ahead. While the invite says "Tesla welcomes all of our owners for a private reception to celebrate the opening of our newest location in Texas", it also says you can invite a friend or family member. You can take my spot because I'll be at TMC Connect.

The three switches for the Supercharger cabinets are still "off" but I noticed a couple more details thru the tinted front windows:
They have a Design Studio in the front corner lobby.
There's a fourth SC cabinet, and two (not yet connected) cables, inside the front window in the service bay. Which makes sense. But next to this Cabinet is a "skateboard" battery/frame mockup.
Painting, drywall sanding going on, busy busy.
And a factory-new P85D in one of the outside SC spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern Padgett