Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albert Lea, MN - Happy Trails Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics of the progress. Honestly this hardware looks different than the traditional 150 KW charging hardware - fingers crossed!! The wires are pulled, covered in black bags and the only thing left to do is add the charging pedestals.

Attachments

• 44B6BDF9-B21E-44FD-A7A7-114316DC7E74.jpeg
    44B6BDF9-B21E-44FD-A7A7-114316DC7E74.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 486E2421-0BB8-406F-8A85-50E36472032C.jpeg
    486E2421-0BB8-406F-8A85-50E36472032C.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 99
  • CCEF2F89-8265-4B47-ACA8-4B2D3219466C.jpeg
    CCEF2F89-8265-4B47-ACA8-4B2D3219466C.jpeg
    591.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: mchawk
Pics of the progress. Honestly this hardware looks different than the traditional 150 KW charging hardware - fingers crossed!! The wires are pulled, covered in black bags and the only thing left to do is add the charging pedestals.
I’m fairly sure those are V2 cabinets — each one powers two pedestals with shared power. That’s why there are 4 of them — 8 stalls. I believe each V3 cabinet is capable of supporting 4 pedestals without sharing.

Reactions: IT Geek
Pics of the progress. Honestly this hardware looks different than the traditional 150 KW charging hardware - fingers crossed!!
No it doesn't. It is exactly the same hardware that is installed at 150 kW stations all over the country. The layout with the autotransformers on top of the supercharger cabinets is less common, but still one of the 3 configurations that is regularly seen. If your basis for thinking the hardware looks different is the apparent lack of the exhaust vent hood on the supercharger cabinets, that's just because the cabinet hasn't yet been altered from its shipping configuration. Once the pedestals show up and are wired in and the electrical inspections are done, they'll move the slotted metal backing sheet down to the bottom and install the piece with the vent exhaust hood in its place.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: MarkoC and XHabjab
No it doesn't. It is exactly the same hardware that is installed at 150 kW stations all over the country. The layout with the autotransformers on top of the supercharger cabinets is less common, but still one of the 3 configurations that is regularly seen. If your basis for thinking the hardware looks different is the apparent lack of the exhaust vent hood on the supercharger cabinets, that's just because the cabinet hasn't yet been altered from its shipping configuration. Once the pedestals show up and are wired in and the electrical inspections are done, they'll move the slotted metal backing sheet down to the bottom and install the piece with the vent exhaust hood in its place.
Thanks for the clarification. I have never seen the autotransformers mounted on top or even around the hardware. Just based my comment off the Altoona iowa hardware that is sitting in the open next to the pedestal