Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steve Wozniak looking to "Bolt" from his Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't be the first odd thing out of Woz's mouth... but why not? Looks like he is focusing on very specific details of interior/UI available in very recently designed Bolt and comparing them probably with Model S (?) Let him enjoy GM dealer and service experience in his new Bolt that is carrying too big of a battery for being around town car and too small of one for most meaningful long distance travel. I had a Volt for 3+ years, which is an awesome car IMO, but dealer experience was out of 20th century.

IMO GM should have continued the VOLT range extended theme with Bolt along with slightly larger battery (25Kwh - 30Kwh or so) vs 200 miles range EV without any reliable long distance infrastructure to lean on with BEV they are going to produce.

Overall though, let there be more EVs regardless of what Woz chooses to ride in (or not)!

Reactions: GSP
I was planning to get a Bolt before I went Model S. I've already got a Leaf, so I was just hoping for a long-distance Leaf. However:

1. I wanted Autopilot. If Chevy had put the semi-autopilot gear from their other cars, I might have stuck with it.
2. Model S is noticeably roomier for backseat passengers.
3. I hate hate HATE car dealers. Bad experiences with my Nissan dealer. Don't want a dealer who doesn't care about electric cars.
4. Version 1 of anything is always troubled.

• Informative
Reactions: Vitold
It's interesting that Woz still has a 2013 Model S. The newer Model S have a much better suspension/ride than the old ones along with Autopilot and driver safety features. Woz can afford anything he wants, yet he is proud to say that he keeps his cars around for a long time. He is definitely not your normal zillionaire.

It's interesting that Woz still has a 2013 Model S. The newer Model S have a much better suspension/ride than the old ones along with Autopilot and driver safety features. Woz can afford anything he wants, yet he is proud to say that he keeps his cars around for a long time. He is definitely not your normal zillionaire.

Wealthy people don't typically get wealthy by blowing their money on every new cool toy. Woz is probably closer to how a normal "rich person" spends their money than the ones portrayed in movies lighting cigars with $100 bills.

Reactions: Caligula
I think Woz has stayed true to his values. He was always principled and loathe to misjudge other people. He did have a plane crash. He was a whiz at minimizing parts for hardware, basically a hardware hacker. His video and floppy driver circuits were minimalist masterpieces .... Excellent for their time. I do not think there is valid reasons to decide the Bolt beats out Tesla except on the most superficial areas.

Reactions: neroden
"I do not think there is valid reasons to decide the Bolt beats out Tesla except on the most superficial areas."

Model S yes if you are not in the $80K sedan market (where the Bolt can not play anyway).
Model 3, I think not.
Remember folks, no battery factory == no volume == not real / no impact.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler