Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel blocking some parts of two screens in 2021+ Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Does the round steering wheel block anyone else's view of either screen? It seems the steering wheel is smaller than the 2012 Model S steering wheel. The top of the small LCD display behind the steering wheel is cut off from view from taller drivers at least and the upper left and bottom left (car icon for settings) is hidden behind the right part of steering wheel. Since the display is entirely digital, I'd think Tesla could take that into account and shift parts of that over to be in view of more drivers. I realize everyone's view is different though.

Yes! I can’t see my exterior light indicators, like if my brights are on. It’s very frustrating and Tesla won’t offer a yoke retrofit yet. Though service mentioned off the record that they believe they will be offering it in 2024 and aren’t now due to changing to a better material.

Reactions: dsm363
I can just about see everything on my dash display, though if I shift position too much, the light indicator and such can be obscured. The left edge of the screen is obscured by the wheel. That's is even worse with the yoke from what I recall of driving one of those.

And that adjustment does not help? I’m just a bit above 6 feet and able to adjust the IC clear of the wheel. But it’s with Legacy S

2C17CABF-BE27-44EC-A69C-755FFD51418B.jpeg

I can just about see everything on my dash display, though if I shift position too much, the light indicator and such can be obscured. The left edge of the screen is obscured by the wheel. That's is even worse with the yoke from what I recall of driving one of those.
You'd think since it's one giant LCD that Tesla could simply shift things more in the center (for small screen) and 1 inch to the right on the large LCD screen.

Reactions: bjhinkle
Another issue with legibility is that Tesla seems to have implemented a “dark” vignette around the corners of the central gauge cluster to the extent that it effectively obscures some of the graphics (high beam symbol, for example). Too cute by 50%.